Forums Latest Members

FS Universal Geneve 884.425 chronograph (B&P) SOLD

1. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer May 27, 2024

FOR SALE:

Universal Geneve ref 884.425.

CASE & CASEBACK: Very solid 3-piece steel case with screw in case back measures 37 mm wide not including crow. There are only minor marks from wear and a few minor scratches. The lugs show minor wear and are very thick. The case back has minor marks from wear. I think the watch was never polished.

Overall very good vintage condition. The bezel looks very good with some minor blemishes. The original polish is still very well visible.

DIAL & HANDS: Nice and original silver dial with brown/gold indexes. All original dial text in black and red is crisp and legible. Above 6 o’clock marker: t swiss made t. Hands in perfect condition and matching lume on dial.

CROWN & PUSHERS: Universal marked crown and pushers in very nice condition.

CRYSTAL: Plexi without any major scratches.

MOVEMENT: Powering this watch is a Universal Geneve 84 movement, which is actually a rebadged Lemania 1873. No service history known. It runs and works (sort of) so consider it in need of a service.

STRAP: Most likely the original strap with stainless steel buckle marked with Universal Geneve.

ACCESSORIES: Basically a full set so papers & box.

ASKING PRICE: EUR 1.500, which includes fully insured worldwide shipping by registered mail.

FURTHER REMARKS: Payment in euro. Bank wire strongly preferred. Paypal to be discussed but you pay fees. Personal delivery within reason. I have dozens of feedback on various watch forums and about 200 on ebay (as Mark020). Watch and me are in the Netherlands. If required contact via phone/whatsapp/insta(Markk020)/Linkedin possible.

IMG_7713.JPG IMG_7714.JPG IMG_7717.JPG IMG_7720.JPG IMG_7721.JPG IMG_7726.JPG IMG_7727.JPG IMG_7728.JPG

2. BAJJ May 27, 2024

Hi there, lovely watch, just one query, you state "It runs and works (sort of)", can you elaborate on the "sort of" piece?
    Thanks

3. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer May 27, 2024

Well it runs but poorly. For me that is an indication that the movement is complete. Not that I doubt that in this case

Anyway: the watch is sold.

gilb12 and BAJJ like this.