Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve 222100 Tri-Compax Opinions Needed

1. RiccardoBorelli May 8, 2021

Want to share with you my beloved new newcomer:
    UG tricompax 222100-1 matched with a classic Jb bracelet.

20210416_185456.jpg 20210416_185445.jpg
  2. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. May 9, 2021

Wow that is the exact one i have, black dial variant with twisted lugs, the reference is 222100-1?

In my earlier post it seems this is the 4th other variant i have seen with this combination in black dial and twisted lugs. Really makes me think this is not a franken but a rare factory original, “too many” coincidences in my opinion for it to just be a franken piece.

May i ask if you know the provenance of your watch? Did you get it from a reputable dealer or first owner?

3. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. May 9, 2021

https://omegaforums.net/threads/uni...pax-opinions-needed.70282/page-2#post-1723282

You can check out my earlier post in this thread. Because in the UG resource book, they did not have a black dial variant for the 222100, only the 22297 or the one tricompax w aluminium bezel which was why i was not sure.

Just happy to see another one of these in the wild ;)

4. bgrisso May 9, 2021

it’s proposed we have 222100/1 in the silver dial, and black dial, and now also white dial ?

(also white chrono sweep on white dial?)

(also Bernardini is the source for only factory combinations?)

in several examples on this thread we don’t even have case reference or serial, just what we can see (twisted lugs no bezel case).

I’m not suggesting anything one way or another, I have not studied these in detail. Seems more questions than answers. First thing I would want to know is case serial on all the black dial version, and any similarities or differences between them.

5. bgrisso May 9, 2021

revisiting this post and trying to clarify some things.

on the examples you listed above....

1) Fost states the reference number as 222100-1 but we do not have documentation, would be good to confirm if possible. Serial number not visible and that is unfortunate

2) the example from Bernadini does not show either the reference number or the case serial number, but it appears to be a different watch than the example provided recently, also purchased from Bernadini, by Riccardo

3) is the example that you chanced upon the photo at the bottom of your post? Assuming so. This one does not have case reference or serial, bummer.

Am I understanding this correctly?

6. bgrisso May 9, 2021

thank you, this is very helpful.

Interesting that serials are quite close and late

2336060 white dial
    2336316 black dial

my textured silver 222100-2 is 2044XXX, quite a bit earlier.

it would be helpful to gather as many serials of either white or black dials in 222100-1 cases as possible to see if patterns emerge. Too bad the two other examples in this thread do not have serials visible.

7. RiccardoBorelli May 9, 2021

A friend of mine has a black dial too, but it has dauphine hands:
    Ref 222100-1
    S/N 2341515
    Have a wonderful day.

bgrisso likes this.
  8. bgrisso May 10, 2021

do you have any pics?

9. Thaumaturgist This is my dog MooMoo. He watches me PooPoo. Jun 8, 2021

unfortunately, the examples i provided all do not have case numbers/not visible in photos, however from twisted lugs we can deduce that they are likely 222100. The -1 or -2 is not clear.

Since they are all different watches, it seems more and more likely that UG did make these watches in the black panda dial variant.

Too few examples of the white panda dial variant around for us to refute nor claim it’s existence. The crown in the photo from bernadini however, is not original it seems, so we can’t be sure he is a source for 100% factory parts, but i am not questioning his reputation and integrity as i only have the photo to work off of.

I am now quite confident that my watch is not a franken but an original dial. These dials are not cheap and easily available to use as replacements. It would make more sense for people who want to replace a dial to use the more common 222100 silver brushed dials.

Edited Jun 8, 2021