Universal Geneve 206515 - are dials and rehauts available ?

Posts
2,597
Likes
5,666
Picked up a 206515 2 with a ratty dial and worn rehaut. It’s just about wearable but I’d happily throw a bit of money at it if better dials and rehauts are available. Can I ask the experts here if this is a pointless endeavor, or do such things occasionally turn up ? Obviously it’ll never be the best example, and it’s not a sought after reference like the Pola/Polerouters, but I like it !



Cool engraving too from the birth year of the Camp Nou.
 
Posts
13,905
Likes
54,078
Id take this straight to my watchmakers and ask them to carefully clean this up. You might be pleasantly surprised.
 
Posts
966
Likes
2,352
1426191635730.jpg
 
Posts
2,597
Likes
5,666
Crap... I thought I was being careful 😲

And despite searching I can sadly confirm that there are no Swiss cities, towns, or villages called Neve.

Actually the cleaning was relatively straight forward, just my buds were way too thick and must have just nicked the Geneve text whilst I was cleaning around the hands. I really thought there was a decent gap so I think the UG text must be extremely easy to remove, unlike the minute markers which were able to resist a light wipe over. The rehaut wouldn’t clean at all.



And a disclaimer for future reference... I blame this mis-adventure on boredom after 10 days of isolation due to Coronavirus 😁
Edited: