Forums Latest Members

SOLD Universal Geneve 18kt Gold Caliber 1200

1. bigsom Apr 17, 2018

I bought this watch last year because I absolutely loved the dial and the case. It was my first Universal Geneve and I posted it in the UG section.

Dial: Eggshell white dial in really fantastic condition (any inconsistencies you see are on the crystal). I love the 12 and 6 o'clock markers. The rest of the markers are gold baton markers which are aplied on the dial. Crisp text and lovely applied Universal logo.

Hands: The hands are original to the watch and show subtle patina which you can see in the macro photos.

Case: Oh man, the case. I love this case! Solid 18kt gold case measuring 35x42 mm. I try never to say that a watch is unpolished, but this one is really really sharp. I don't think it's been touched ever. I've taken macros of the lugs, judge for yourself. Speaking of the lugs, they are quite long and make this watch wear really nicely. I have a 7.5 inch wrist and you can see the wrist shot below to see how it looks while worn.

Caseback: Solid 18kt gold case back with reference 1123132 and serial 2081891 dating the watch to 1959. Tiny little dent on the case back which is shown in the photos below.

Crowns: Original Universal marked gold crown. Teeth are sharp and logo is beautifully preserved.

Movement:
    Caliber 1200 manual wind movement. Runs great within 30 s/d but has not been serviced in my possession. If you plan to wear the watch frequently I would suggest a service. I only wore the watch 5 or 6 times since I've had it. EDIT - Checked the watch on timegrapher today (4/18/18) and running +2 s/d dial up and -13 s/d crown down. Basically no beat error and amplitude in the 300s.

Strap: Mounted on a lovely black genuine alligator strap from Rios which is included.

Price: Offered at 1300 USD shipped in the USA with USPS Priority fully insured. I'm happy to accept Paypal +3% for members with excellent references, Zelle, Venmo, or Bank Wire. I'll only accept returns if the watch you receive is grossly different than the watch I've described.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 18, 2018
    dougiedude, Dre, Brianstoops and 25 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Apr 17, 2018

NFW. :thumbsup: Would it cost extra if the buyer wants the whole 6?

Dre, ELV web and Hattrick like this.
  3. bigsom Apr 18, 2018

Not sure I can get you the whole 6, going to have to settle for a U (maybe for Universal?).

I also added an inside caseback photo, a movement shot (both of these are from last year), and put the watch on the timegrapher and made edits to the movement section of the listing. Watch is running +2 s/d dial up and -13 s/d crown down (better than I had thought!).

ulackfocus likes this.
  4. MikeMan2727 Apr 18, 2018

Surprised this made it through the night! Great size, case, and dial from a trusted seller. GLWS!

bigsom and Larry S like this.
  5. x3no Apr 18, 2018

Oh my.. ::love::

bigsom likes this.
  6. bigsom Apr 18, 2018

Thanks for the kind words guys, sold and staying in the fam!

7. ulackfocus Apr 18, 2018

Thanks to the Watch Gods for keeping this amongst the ΩF crowd. It's too sweet of a dress watch to let some regular non-WIS schmuck get their hands on.

merchandiser, dougiedude and Dre like this.
  8. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Apr 19, 2018

Very nice watch. Looks pink gold to boot.

dougiedude likes this.