Forums Latest Members

SOLD Universal Genève Uni-Compax

1. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 1, 2017

After a long period of hesitation, I've decided to put my gold plated Universal Genève Uni-Compax from the mid-fifties on sale.

Reference : 42412 3
    Case : 35mm w/o Crown, Gold-plated. Plating in overall great conservation condition, SS caseback
    Movement : Cal. 285, serial : 1634899, fresh fully serviced in January'17 - under warranty till June 2017 (service invoice included in the sale)
    Box : Rare original UG box, *Updated* : from a different period, probably the eighties
    Bracelet : Black croco leather from Breguet with a gold plated buckle matching the watch case

Some discussion about this watch last year here : https://omegaforums.net/threads/ug-uni-compax-caliber-285.41708/

The watch is located in Switzerland.

Without further ado, place for pictures :

Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-4.jpg Untitled-5.jpg Untitled-6.jpg Untitled-7.jpg Untitled-3.jpg Untitled-8.jpg Untitled-9.jpg Untitled-1.jpg

Photo 11.08.16 11 04 44.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 06 22.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 06 29.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 06 37.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 06 46.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 07 06.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 08 32.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 09 05.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 09 24.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 32 22.jpg Photo 11.08.16 11 32 41.jpg Photo 16.06.16 19 42 38.jpg Photo 21.06.16 20 05 35.jpg Photo 21.06.16 20 06 44.jpg

The next part is plagiarized but updated for this sale.

Delivery and Payment

Shipping is to be discussed. Face to face in Switzerland preferred. I am driving all around the country for business, shouldn't be a problem to meet in your area.

Payment by Bank Transfer after exchanging ID's for both sides security or cash if face to face.

Terms

I am constantly looking to adapt my collection to my wishes that change in time. I have bought and sold a few watches on OF and you can find my feedback by searching my username. References available on request, feel free to ping and ask.

I do not like shipping as insurance is always a pain with watches and hard to get at a reasonable cost. Therefore if the buyer understands and acknowledges the risks in a written way, I might consider undervaluing and under covering. Not at my own risk.

Pictures are the best part of the description. Since I own the watch I'm selling, feel free to ask for special details or angles you want to see better, prior buying.

I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after getting the first PM saying "I will buy this watch now at your price". Then we can exchange ID's and bank details for wire payment as well as define how and when the watch will be handed over.

Price is CHF 1600 (swiss francs) net to me - bank wire to my local bank. Please use a fx rate calculator to estimate the price in your local currency and make sure your bank allows you to wire in CHF, I don't want to deal with currency conversion differences and costs.

Some FAQ:

Why are you selling?

Because I have decided to focus my collection on Moonwatch Speedmasters exclusively, hence this UG, however beloved, is out of focus and should join the collection of somebody focusing on UG's or loving it from the first sight as I did.

Are you a Dealer?

No.

What would you say counts against this watch?

Gold plating is not something people appreciate as it's known to be fragile. Well, yep, it's a matter of fact but here we have an example in a good shape.

What do you like about this watch?

I LOVE those blue hands. They are ridiculously beautiful and catch the eye immediately. Overall, this watch is in an amazing condition for a 60+ years watch.

What parts do you know to be replaced?

Nothing known to me. There were some hesitations regarding the dial in the OF post I've mentioned above, but nothing I really could have confirmed.

Are the box and papers original to the watch?

*Updated* : The UG box is obviously not original to the watch. No papers available except the recent service invoice that I will hand over together with the watch.

Will you take it back?

Absolutely, and that's also why I prefer a face to face deal. With loupe and all the required tools to show the details and make sure there's no surprise.

Edited Mar 30, 2017
    Chrobar, Kreindog24, JPOtions and 9 others like this.
  2. Mapearso Mar 1, 2017

kov --

I do not believe your UG Box is from the fifties or original to this watch.

The "U" logo design and accompanying font on the box pictured is from the late 80s. Please see this thread, specifically the 3rd post down from member dre, which has a history of the Universal Geneve logo --

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ug-logo-design.49637/#post-594869

If anyone knows more please share

kov likes this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 2, 2017

:confused: @Mapearso let me update the first post immediately accordingly. Thank you for this info - I did not know it ::shy:: - and according to the thread you mentioned it totally makes sense.

Unlike Speedmasters, I have never made any research about UG... Thank you for the fair point :thumbsup:

Updated the selling price as well according to this info. ;)

Edited Mar 2, 2017
  4. Mapearso Mar 2, 2017

You're welcome.

GLWS!

Paulomega likes this.
  5. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 8, 2017

Still available, if you have questions don't be shy :) I also speak Français and Deutsch :D

6. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 14, 2017

A quick bump and the price reduced to 1700 CHF. :thumbsup:

Paulomega likes this.
  7. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 30, 2017

Available for you who hesitated till now ;) price updated to 1600 CHF

ELV web and EdtheAussie like this.
  8. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Mar 30, 2017

This one should be sold already people! Honest example of this reference

Larry S, kov and ELV web like this.
  9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 30, 2017

+1 Anyone new to UG who has posted for discussion crap watches they found on e-bay in the last month should be looking seriously at this watch...

LaurentBxl and kov like this.
  10. Kmart Mar 30, 2017

I'm new to UG and I also love this watch... wish it had come along at a better time for me. GLWS @kov. :thumbsup:

Paulomega and kov like this.
  11. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 31, 2017

Thanks @jordn and @Larry S for your kind words. ;)

The watch is now OHPF, thanks to OF for the space :thumbsup:

aap, grizzlycanuck, Dre and 2 others like this.
  12. kov Trüffelschwein. Apr 19, 2017

The watch left Europe to the US to a fellow forum member. Happy it stays in the family. Thanks OF ! :thumbsup:

Larry S likes this.