Forums Latest Members

SOLD Universal Genève Polerouter Date, Steel w/Cream Dial, in Fantastic Condition with Original Crystal!

1. MarktheTime Feb 23, 2019

Have you been hunting for a beautiful (and un-refinished) Polerouter Date with a clean dial, original signed crystal and a gorgeous Caliber 69 microtor automatic movement? Well, look no further....

Up for sale is this Polerouter Date from about 1963 that “ticks” all the boxes!

·Cream cross-hair original dial in fantastic (and in-refinished) condition

·Original signed crystal with the etched “U” Universal logo at the center and correct trapezoid date window

·Puffy original lume plots, most of which still glow faintly under UV light (as pictured)

·Dauphine (and lumed) hour and minute hands in great shape

·Signed “U” Universal crown

- Stainless steel case by “HF” Huguenin Freres, which is clearly stamped inside the case back (this is the only photo below that I didn't personally take - it was taken by the previous owner)

·Very sharp twisted bombe lugs for which Gerald Genta earned his early fame

·Caliber 69 microtor automatic movement that runs well and keeps good time (note, however, that I am not a watchmaker, and have not regulated or otherwise serviced the movement and make no warranty of any kind. I am told by the seller from whom I acquired the watch that the movement was fully serviced shortly before I acquired it, though I have no way to verify that.)

The reference for this model is 869111/02 (the serial number of the watch is not visible – at least to me – on the case back). The case is a great size, approximately 35.5mm wide without the crown, and the lugs are approximately 19mm wide.

The dial is a warm cream color, and has the highly sought after applied silver “U” Universal Genève logo at the top. The words “Universal Geneve Polerouter Date” are sharp and clear, as is the accent over the “e” of Geneve.

The dial also has faint (but still visible at the right angle) “Universal Geneve Polerouter” engravings on the case back.

The original signed crystal is in terrific condition for being more than 55 years old, with only a few faint scratches that could presumably be buffed out with care. You don’t ever want to replace this crystal – it’s part of the incredible appeal of this piece.

PLEASE NOTE – the watch will come on the very supple and virtually unworn brownish/grey leather strap shown in one of the photos, and NOT on the steel bracelet that appears in most of the photos.

If you’re wondering why I would sell this piece, well, I am now the proud owner of THREE remarkable Polerouters, and have (reluctantly) decided to sell this one simply to “rationalize” my collection a bit as I’ve added a number of new pieces recently. It looks fantastic, runs great, and is an absolute delight to wear.

Asking price is $2,750 or best offer, via wire or PayPal friends/family. I am not interested in any trades at this time. I will gladly cover the cost of priority shipping in the CONUS. International shipping will be at buyer’s expense after discussion of logistics with me first. No sale is final, and the watch will not be shipped, until funds have been received and cleared. Plenty of references available on Omega Forums and as @MarktheTime on Instagram.

With the exception of the photo of the inside of the case back, all photos were taken recently by me. Please feel free to ask any questions before offering to buy the watch, as I will not accept returns for any reason, unless I have grossly misrepresented something in this listing.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

IMG_2165.jpg IMG_2172.jpg IMG_2164.JPG IMG_2197.JPG IMG_2160.jpg IMG_2198.JPG IMG_1707.jpg IMG_2167.jpg IMG_2169.jpg IMG_2158.JPG IMG_2159.JPG IMG_2171.JPG IMG_2154.JPG IMG_2157.JPG IMG_2173.jpg IMG_2174.jpg IMG_0826.jpg Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 4.41.49 PM.png IMG_2180.JPG IMG_2177.jpg IMG_1052.jpg
    Edited Feb 25, 2019
  2. MarktheTime Feb 25, 2019

Bump, and feel free to make a reasonable offer. Condition of this one is special.

3. MarktheTime Feb 25, 2019

Watch is now on hold pending funds. Thanks OF!

jshaw083 and DRjre086 like this.
  4. MarktheTime Feb 25, 2019

Watch is now SOLD. Thanks, and hope the new owner gets a lot of joy out of such a great piece. Thanks to OF for the space.