Forums Latest Members
  1. cyclopse Jun 28, 2017

Brand new to the forum and living in the South West.

Purchased earlier this week for £1200 UK pounds. Been told the leather strap was replaced. Purchased originally in 1998 from a jeweller in Bath that is no longer trading. I think it was a good price. Any views or observations most welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jaguar11 and SouthernScot like this.
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 28, 2017

Nice and a reasonable price unless it needs an immediate service, which many of these do since many independants won't touch them meaning a full Omega service at circa £450 is the only viable route. If it has service history and/or is running well, you did fine. If not then it suddenly looks expensive.

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 28, 2017

Nice watch with lovely patina on the tritium markers. Price wise I'm not so sure.

4. davidswiss Jun 29, 2017

It's a nice watch and the case dial etc all look in good condition, but as already mentioned you should get it checked by a good local watchmaker.
    If you tell us where you are maybe someone on the forum can give a recommendation.

5. chipsotoole Jun 29, 2017

I think 1200 UKP is a fair price....it'll only go up in value. shop around for a revision though I'm sure you can get a better deal than 450! Ask the UK forum members...

6. SouthernScot Jun 29, 2017

First of all welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place, you will enjoy your time here I'm sure. Lots of knowledgeable people to help with your questions. There are a few of us spread along the south coast, I'm in Hampshire. That's a nice looking watch and the price seems reasonable, but if you don't know when it was last serviced you should get it looked at. I don't know of anyone in the south west but I took my Speedmaster to STS near Southend who are well regarded on the forum and there is also Simon Freece Watchmakers in Chelmsford. Simon used to work at STS before starting his own business, Have a look at their websites and you will get an idea of servicing costs. Both operate postal services if you don't fancy a trip.
    Enjoy your new purchase.

Edited Jun 29, 2017
  7. Omega1 Jun 29, 2017

Nice watch and welcome to the house of fun.....

8. jaguar11 Jun 29, 2017

Nice watch and patina on the markers. If you are happy with it then nice deal!!!!

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 29, 2017

Wonderful patina! Don't replace the dial or hands!!!