Forums Latest Members

Unique twist for a gold tri-compax

1. Brent7928 Nov 7, 2013

I am always searching for interesting vintage items to go along with my tri-compaxes. I almost always wear them on either a vintage bead of rice bracelet, oysters bracelet or cordovan strap (with the occasional alligator mixed in). For my gold one I have only used the strap options until I ran into this interesting bracelet. It is a vintage aftermarket rivet oyster strap with the springs in the links. This is similar to what would have been used on a vintage bubble back. While it is a little small (18mm vs 19mm) I think it adds an interesting option for wearing a gold tri-compax. the gold plating is almost exactly the same color as the watch so it works well. Tell me what you think! Would love to see some of the interesting things that you all use for your tri-compaxes. gold bracelet 4.jpg gold bracelet 3.jpg gold bracelet 2.jpg gold bracelet 1.jpg

2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Nov 7, 2013

I think I don't trust an exposed spring-bar end... twist your wrist the wrong way and SMASH. Be careful! She's a beauty!

As for the look... not bad. I'd have it on a nice piece of croc, but this bracelet doesn't look out of place to me.

3. Brent7928 Nov 7, 2013

i usually wear it on this strap - was looking for something with a little vintage taste to it. I agree about the exposed end though. I have something I can put in to help with that though.
    group pic 2.jpg

epl108, SpikiSpikester and Gavin like this.
  4. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Nov 7, 2013

Man, that is a gorgeous trio.

5. cristos71 Nov 7, 2013

Fantastic collection you have, very focussed which is always a plus in my eyes.

I love the look, those stretch links in gold are the business :thumbsup: Although I can appreciate it is not for everyone I too like to mix it up with a period gold bracelet, "when in the mood". A leather/croc/lizard is so uniform for a vintage dress watch that it is nice to go against the grain once in a while.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 7, 2013

Those are the best shots you've taken yet of that watch, Brent. Stunner. I still remember the forum worthies casting aspersions on the eBay listing - boy is my face red.

The key thing with gold bracelets is matching the color and that looks really good in these pics. The look certainly is vintage.

7. Brent7928 Nov 8, 2013

Ha, it is nice when a gamble pays off. I wish the dial was cleaner but overall I am pleased. No the search starts for a replacement dial that matches - probably will take me the rest of my life to find one...