Forums Latest Members
  1. Anthony Lane Feb 1, 2022

I stumbled across this one at a local antique shop with a $150 price tag on it. I hadn't seen one of these before, but knew it was special and that price was well worth it. At 38mm if fit wonderfully and in doing some research it looks like this debuted in 1972 and was named the Swordfish. Perhaps that's why the dial is this iridescent blue.

Normally I prefer a black dial, but in the light the pie pan dial coupled with the iridescent aqua blue was stunning. Not to mention the cool handset. The case is sharp and in exemplary condition. I suspect it's all original with the exception of the cheap jubilee. Now if I can track down an original bracelet I'll be set–GOOD LUCK. To be honest, the jubilee does just fine.

Really enjoying this one. You never know what you'll come across at an antique shop.

AL

Sword1.jpeg Sword2.jpeg Sword3.jpeg

SadKen, Nepomuceño, timoss and 6 others like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Feb 1, 2022

Great find!

I got a kick out of reading the name of the original bracelet - you HAVE to find one of those! :D

Anthony Lane likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Feb 1, 2022

I’ve seen a couple of these blue ones and always thought they were beautiful, but never knew the name- and yeah, He-Man…that’s funny. But we now have watches nicknamed Kermit, Hulk, Batgirl…who are we to judge :rolleyes:

Anthony Lane likes this.