Forums Latest Members

Unidirectional to Bidirectional Bezel

1. TMas May 9, 2017

I have a quick question, how difficult would it be to Change my bezel from unidirectional to bidirectional? I don't dive and would much rather have it move in both directions. It's a Seamaster 300 MC. Think it's something an OB can do? Here are some pics just because this watch is so gorgeous. Thanks for any answers!

IMG_7273.JPG IMG_7275.JPG IMG_7262.JPG
    BenjaminT likes this.
  2. nixf6 May 9, 2017

Why does it matter?

3. TMas May 9, 2017

Convenience. I adjust it 119 clicks multiple times per day between it turning when it brushes against my shirt, or my 4 year old daughters obsession with turning it a few clicks. I'm kinda a freak that likes to have it zeroed when not in use.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 9, 2017

The Spectre LE has a bi-directional bezel. If the click spring from this watch would fit on the regular watch (only way to know is to try), and if the boutique would be willing to make this swap (unlikely IMO) then yes it could be done.

You could try to find a click spring somewhere...with it being an LE not sure how easily it could be obtained...then have a watchmaker do the swap. Part number for the Spectre click spring is 129STZ003107.

Let us know how you make out...

Cheers, Al

Nitzbar, rominvicta, Foo2rama and 4 others like this.
  5. TMas May 9, 2017

Thanks, Al! It didn't even cross my mind that there was a part already made for this watch that would make it possible. I appreciate your answer and that you included the click spring number. Thanks again! I'll update this thread when I hear something.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 9, 2017

Not saying it will fit - as I said the only way to know is to try it.

Cheers, Al

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 9, 2017

Just set the bezel to a rakish angle take a deep breath and it will be ok ;)

I've got 2 diving bezels a friction time zone bezel and a friction slide rule. I just leave them where I used them last, and take a deep breath while mentally saying I shall overcome! I tend to use the diving bezels a lot to time misc things.