Forums Latest Members
  1. billving Nov 2, 2016

If I look in Sala or at auction results pretty much every uni compax has the words "uni compax" printed in the lower quadrant. I do see a lot of uni's for sale that do not have the uni compax printed on the dial. Should I assume that that makes the watch a redial? Is it case by case? Is their a history to the missing uni compax script? (perhaps before a certain year?)

I would love to know more about this

Thanks

2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 2, 2016

I don't think anyone can say anything here without pictures.

3. billving Nov 2, 2016

ok hang on...i'm generalizing...not on a specific piece

4. billving Nov 2, 2016

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG
    Ok. Now to my relatively immature UG eye, the first pic is missing the uni compax printed but that dial looks legit to me (though I'm not sure about the hands on it )

Dial 2 is missing it also but that looks like a clear redial

So thus my question. Is the first a redial because the uni compax script is missing? Or was there a period when that was not on the dial (or specific disl configurations). I've seen quite a few without their.

ELV web likes this.
  5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 2, 2016

trust your eye. First is legit, second is a redial. The only thing you can count on with UG is inconsistency

Northernman, ELV web and Dre like this.
  6. billving Nov 2, 2016

Thanks Lou. So the missing uni compax is not an issue if the rest of the dial looks good? I was wondering if it indicated refinished or cleaned and maybe it was washed away at that point. I was wondering because I do see a few without it but a quick look at sala (I didn't study every small pic) doesn't show a single one without it.

Good to know though.

Thanks again

7. LaurentBxl Nov 3, 2016

mine is missing the "Compax" too, and i believe it is an original dial. Not very common but not impossible... IMG_2152.JPG

Northernman likes this.
  8. billving Nov 3, 2016

That looks correct to me. Beautiful watch.

aap likes this.
  9. gop76 Nov 3, 2016

The strange world of UG...

Nothing to do with Compaxes but my "Polerouter" Electric is the first one i saw without Polerouter on dial:

20160929_093925.jpg

Jonatan and aap like this.
  10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 3, 2016

Is it possible that as we all know UG made dials to be printed with a jeweler or other retailer names and some of these got built into watches without the stamps?