Forums Latest Members

UNDONE Peanuts Ltd. - Review

1. Wildfire Jan 7, 2019

So through one of my first OF posts I was put on to the UNDONE x Peanuts collection. Being a lifelong Peanuts fan I had to order one. For those that don’t know, UNDONE offer fully customisable watches at a decent price from Hong Kong, mostly featuring Seiko movements. They have paired up with Peanuts to produce a range of chronographs that are customisable with your favourite Peanuts character(s) on them in a variety of colours, bezels, hands and straps. These have a Seiko Mecha Quartz movement.

I was lucky enough to get one of the 150 limited edition Snoopy and Woodstock Panda watches. This features a white Panda dial (not available to buy), Snoopy and Woodstock at the bottom and the Schulz signature on it. The rear has a lazer etched case with the characters in gold. The Panda layout is much more preferable that the vertical sub-dial layout. Combined with the Schulz signature, it was the one I had to go for.

Ordering was quite simple. Although it is worth that if you want faster delivery it will cost more. As my order was for the limited edition around Christmas I opted for this. Combined with the handling fee and customs charge the watch did go up in price a fair bit.

The packaging is excellent, it comes in Snoopy’s dog house and complete with warranty card with Snoopy on the hologram and Peanuts branded literature.

It's a nice piece, fairly lightweight, but that may just be because I've been wearing a Breitling for a while, but due to the mecha-quartz it does lack a bit of inertia. The lugs are slim and I find it wears true to size or maybe a little small, especially combined with the black case. Finishing on the case is overall is good, but there is a slight difference between the middle of the case that the crown and pushers are attached to and the bezel. I'm not a fan of painted cases, but it is smooth and even. I'm not sure how long the lugs will retain the finish though. It’s probably worth noting that the lugs extend past the case back so if you leave the watch sitting on the table it will rest on the lugs, which could cause the finish to wear quickly.

The pushers do stick out a bit, but function with a nice mechanical click, true to the movement and the sweep or a mechanical watch. All the hands hit the markers. It is a bit odd not having a second hand, but this does take away the “tick” if that bothers you about quartz.

Finish is excellent on the dial, the Snoopy and Woodstock are the right size and don't over power the dial. The texture on the sub-dials gives a little sheen to them in the light.Lume on the main hands is not that great. It is a bit of an odd colour in the day light and not really substantial enough to make a difference in the dark. Even if you charge it up.

The crystal is clear (I believe it is mineral) and nicely shaped, although there is a little distortion towards the edge where it curves down, it could do with and AR coating IMHO

The lazer etched case back is (IMHO) nicer than the colour printed exhibition case back, and the detailing is very good on the characters. Printed on the rear is the limited edition number (mine is 119 of 150).

The strap is where I was disappointed, whilst it is leather, it does feel quite plastic and it doesn’t help that it squeaks a bit. The calfskin finish doesn’t have much to it and it’s also quite light. The inside is not lined, so this may be one reason. The buckle is again very light and doesn’t really give you that quality feel. The quick remove spring bars are a nice touch. Perhaps the strap will feel better as it wears in, or it could just be me.

The Charlie Brown strap is similar and the tan colour is a bit bold. The zig zag pattern is a nice touch, but it’s printed on. Having it stitched on would have been a nice touch.

Overall, I am very happy with the watch, slightly soured by the import duty and postage (although the latter is my fault). I’m probably biased due to being a Snoopy fan, but looking at the rest of the UNDONE customisable collection they offer pretty good value for money for someone who wants something a bit different and unique.

The one thing that did come with the watch was the opportunity to post a picture of your watch up on Facebook and / or Instagram, a quote of what the Peanuts One World meant to you and the chance to win on of 3 limited edition “mystery” Peanuts watches. This isn’t available to buy or create a custom version.

And… I won! I’ll be posting it up with a review when I receive it. Apparently it’s in the post now!

C530C7D9-9A1B-4FCE-B5F3-520AF34ACB25.jpeg 59BE3588-EE53-4578-99A4-921AD9A81AED.jpeg FFF1A9E0-50F2-4017-8F8A-AC7A45F7A217.jpeg 8ED86380-9895-4971-B2E2-D5966001A36B.jpeg 95E75E4A-41F6-40D5-8CA7-79D6DBDED448.jpeg
    Lovewatches2 and connieseamaster like this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 7, 2019

Nice and well done.For me as a lifelong admirer of this strip (my parents had all the books, its brilliant to actually read the strip in this format), for some reason the brand that should and legitimately pull this off well just has. Timex. Unfortunately i chose to miss out on the Marlin. Yea Omega has the Snoopy, but Timex just seems to track with Peanuts.

Wildfire likes this.
  3. ICONO Jan 7, 2019

More a ‘Modesty Blaise’, & Willie Garvin, Man myself

But if it pushes your ‘childhood’ buttons.....why not !

Larry S and Wildfire like this.
  4. Wildfire Jan 7, 2019

I really liked the Marlin too, sadly it's now double priced on eBay. I can't bring myself to pay that much for it.

Larry S likes this.
  5. Inpw Jan 7, 2019

Great review and a very nice watch. Now if somebody did a Calvin & Hobbes one... :whistling:

Larry S and Wildfire like this.