Forums Latest Members
  1. shwang0215 Oct 22, 2016

what does it mean by undated warranty card? When would the warranty start then if a sale is made between two individuals?

2. meganfox17 Oct 22, 2016

Undated warranty card means all infos about the AD ,store address ,model serial number have been filled up & stamped EXCEPT the date therefore invalid for warranty from the manufacturer.

If you are a good customer or close buddy of the Authorized dealer , he or she will intentionally leave it blank. Once something unlucky happens to the product , your dealer buddy would proceed to "adjust " the date of purchase & fill up the blanks so that you could claim a few more good years of warranty coverage. I wont accuse the AD of acting unprofessionally but i think sometimes it's good for business.

Of course It doesnt always work as some brand do keep track of the serial number of their product so you can't fool them all the time to claim warranty for say
    ........something you bought 1 year ago then get it stamped by the AD but the product is already 5 years old !

Once the date is stamped on the card, that's when the warranty is activated 2/4 years

Oh Yeah ! I was talking about my refrigerator [emoji1] but the same concept applies dont you think ?

kkt and shwang0215 like this.
  3. shwang0215 Oct 22, 2016

Thank you! One more question - so if I buy from someone who has undated warranty card, I would not be subject to warranty? In that case, how would I get a warranty for a watch?????

Much thanks to your response

4. alam Oct 22, 2016

...and there are the other manufacturers who require a copy of the AD sales slip in addition to the warranty card before any repair is performed under warranty. At least this was my experience before I could send my Breitling for service here in the US; I have no idea how Omega handles service or repairs under their service agreement...

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. meganfox17 Oct 23, 2016

Undated warranty card is null & void without the original AD stamped logo of the seller[​IMG]Your friend sold you a watch with an undated warranty card from a dealer in the grey market & now you demand warranty from Omega ?
    What are you going to do ? Flash this to the dealer?[​IMG]Most likely you will be greeted with this[​IMG]Your friend (preferably) needs to return to the original AD , show his old receipt of payment as proof , get the warranty card stamped with the exact date of purchase with a serial number matching the AD's Sales & Purchase documents .
    Then Fingers-crossed say a little prayer
    #your "newly stamped" pre owned watch is still within the warranty period
    #not a discontinued Omega model Ultimately it's Omega who will decide on the servicing not you & I , not your friend , not the AD

Edited Oct 23, 2016
    shwang0215 likes this.