Forums Latest Members

OHPF Uncommon Grey Dial Vintage Certina DS

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 1, 2019

As I, and some others on this forum have noted now and then on various threads, the Certina DS from the ‘60s is one of the best, and most widely underrated model in the vintage market. Every important part of these watches were manufactured to high standards, and yet they can still be obtained for only a few hundred Dollars/Euros in a market that, of course, has seen wild inflation over the past 10 years.

This particular example is in very good condition overall, and completely original to my knowledge. The dial is a desirable and relatively rare grey. It is attractive to the eye, and shows only some extremely fine corrosion under a loupe, notably around the steel indexes. Please note that like all darker dials, it is difficult to photograph without reflections. Also, the crystal has some scratches, but the dial is essentially clean.

The Huguenin Freres “HF” case is in good condition. The case back has not been abused, and looks good. There are some small scratches and small gouges on the side and upper case, which are visible in the photos.

The cal. 25-651 movement is in excellent condition. It is working properly, but has not been timed, and I would recommend a service for regular wear.

I ask €475 (or Und equivalent) for the watch, and will ship registered post from my home in Lisbon, Portugal. EMS (express) is also available (please add €35). Paypal or bank transfer for payment.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Tony C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 2, 2019