Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Aug 30, 2011

Frankenwatches. They suck no matter what brand(s) you collect. Here's a pretty friggin' bad mash-up of 50's Seamaster parts:

[​IMG]

Nice looking watch though, ain't it? It is all authentic Omega parts.... just from different watches, and I knew that going in. The dial and movement are from a rare hooded lug Seamaster reference 14.324 like this:

[​IMG]
    pic from Omega's A Journey Through Time

The hands are the correct length for the De Luxe pie pans of the era, and just happen to be needed for my Seamaster De Luxe which has replacement hands a bit too long:

[​IMG]

The movement is one of the more sought after bumpers from the 35x series - a chronometer 352:

[​IMG]

The case is a reference 2846, used with several 360˚ rotor calibers from the 49x and 50x series:

[​IMG]

Dumb luck prevailed and/or the Watch Gods smiled upon me again because the initial idea failed but it's turning out for the best a year later. Besides the hands being necessary for my Pie Pan, the dial is now sold to a local Omega collector for his 14.324 case which I never knew he even had. The case/crystal combo is a match and will find a home sooner or later. Shouldn't be too hard to sell that caliber 352 either and a spare crown like that is good to have. Looks like I'll lose a few bucks if you do the immediate accounting but it's worth it to help make a few rare Seamasters correct. Plus, I'll get more karma for my next potential purchase. It feels good to right an egregious wrong. And in the end, the Seamaster Pie Pan gains in value by having the correct hands at least the same amount as the up front loss.

Lucasssssss and ralpher like this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 31, 2011

Congrats for making chicken salad out of chicken, well, you know what! ;)

E-mail sent regarding a certain part.

Take care,
    gatorcpa

3. ulackfocus Aug 31, 2011

Replied! That'll make a third watch benefitting from this surgery.