Forums Latest Members

Unboxing Heuer Autavia JH limited Edition

1. rafabond Jan 3, 2018

We started with the unboxing, the box between hard cardboard, plastic imitating leather and velvet, quite well for the watch, without reaching the qualities of Omega

It has a drawer that you open it and it appears a magnificent book of more than 200 pages with hard cover and a perfect guide with all the Autavia models and photos of the time and commercial propaganda
    A book 10

It carries instruction booklet of caliber 02 and the guarantee card that is electronic
    It is activated when a computer enters the data

The magnificent clock, an excellent quality, with a litmus dial that with artificial light looks silver and with natural light looks whiter.
    The armis personally is not my taste, but it is the one that carries and the one that reproduces the arms of the time, but it is solved by placing a leather strap and arranged

Back with the number of the limited edition of 1932 pieces, which in fact only sold 1931, since the number 0001 was auctioned on November 11th the same Philips auction where the Rolex of Paul Newman was auctioned and by the same auctioneer
    Piece that got € 32,000
    The number 0000 is what Jack Heuer has.

It carries the signature of JH and the coat of arms of his family

In summary, my first Tag Heuer, and in my opinion one of the most achieved, by design and quality.
    The Autavia are like in Rolex the Daytona, for me the most beautiful of the brand.

Now, many photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jan 3, 2018
    Baz9614, duc, Spruce and 8 others like this.
  2. Caliber561 Jan 3, 2018

Nice! Can you take some wrist shots?

3. rafabond Jan 4, 2018

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

duc, jaspert, speedamatuer and 5 others like this.
  4. gostang9 Jan 4, 2018

Congrats on a modern piece with a simple and very attractive dial. That dial with a brushed Oyster-style bracelet would be an excellent combo IMO.

I don't have the 'vintage-only' preference common with many members on this wonderful forum, so this kind of 're-issue' is a great option to own and wear-daily.

I wonder what the conversations were within leadership for a joint brand like Tag-Heuer to issue something that removes the recent joint badging. I don't work in marketing and the company I work for isn't involved in consumer retail, yet, we are often reminded that our corporate logo and associated imagery must be kept very standardized to avoid any issues. With a consumer product with very notable and distinct badging like a watch, I wonder what the considerations are for such a product. (I get that they have the 'rights' to do it, but what are the longer term implications...?)

5. abrod520 Jan 4, 2018

You should toss these up on our sister site, the Calibre 11 TAG forum - I think they'd enjoy it!

forums.calibre11.com - same login

rafabond and #nb like this.
  6. #nb Jan 4, 2018

Congrats! Was surprised by how shinny that bracelet is....

rafabond likes this.
  7. boltman Jan 4, 2018

I have had my eye on this watch for some time

8. rafabond Jan 4, 2018

[​IMG]

duc and gostang9 like this.
  9. Fabollse Jan 4, 2018

That one is awesome congrats!

10. rafabond Jan 4, 2018

thank you very much, I love the clock, and that I have Daytona and other rolex, but this Autavia has something special

11. jaspert Jan 5, 2018

Looks great on your wrist. Congrats.

Great presentation box and love the extra books/booklet.
    I like this a lot better than the regular Autavia reissue.

rafabond likes this.
  12. kwiklot Jan 5, 2018

Thank you for the wrist shots I concur the booklet and the signature on the back make for a very special piece.
    Congrats

rafabond likes this.
  13. shoota70 Jan 8, 2018

awesome looking

14. jaguar11 Jan 8, 2018

Looks very nice. Enjoy in the best of health!!!

15. Bushido Jan 8, 2018

Congratulations on the new Autavia LE! I had the pleasure of seeing and trying on this piece two weeks ago and absolutely loved the dial aesthetics. Very solid pick up and I hope you enjoy all the wrist shots you will be taking!

16. Shibata Jan 8, 2018

Very nice. Congrats!

17. 2ar2c1 Jan 8, 2018

nice watch but wish it was brushed finish instead of all that bling.