Forums Latest Members

Un-boxing my new to me Jupiter Pilot

1. Rodmar Jan 20, 2017

I meant to do this when I got it but I finally decided to throw up a thread for those interested in these watches. Ever since I laid eyes on my first Navimeter I knew I had to have one a long with so many other things in life. Then I saw the Jupiter and knew it had to be mine. I finally just got into the mood recently to consider getting into the watch game by obtaining my first Omega. So I finally decided it was time to go after that Jupiter. After weeks of searching I got lucky and one finally popped up complete(other then bracelet) on eBay for what I considered a great price!

My favorite two brand of watches are Omega and Breitling, so I'm glad I finally was able to get into both brands. These are the two brands that have always caught my eyes and provided something more then just a piece on my wrists. I'd say Omega for its rich history in space and my fascination with everything Bond. And Breitling for its History in Aviation which Is something I've really wanted to get into to. Maybe one day, I have a neighbor who owns a field and plane down the road, so maybe soon enough.

I still will get a Navimeter, and I'll surely grab a few more Omegas, but for now I'm a very lucky guy. At least IMO I'm lucky in that I am afforded the luxury to enjoy these great pieces.

Now I have posted pictures of the watch already, but figured Breitling fans may enjoy this. I know some don't always follow those threads like WRUW.

This watch came from an estate sale and the guy who owned it before kept it in great shape IMO.

Now onto the pics!

IMG_2857.JPG IMG_2858.JPG IMG_2859.JPG IMG_2860.JPG IMG_2861.JPG

I plan to update this thread soon with a few tidbits on this specific piece and the Jupiter line.

Update: Looks like mine is from 1991 making it 26 years old just about.

Here's some great information the Jupiter:
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f39/br...ification-91.html#/topics/91?page=1&_k=wvexcb

http://kronometric.org/review/jp/jp.html

Edited Jan 21, 2017
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 20, 2017

Congrats!!

Hey if you want a real Navitimer and don't want to pay for the Breitling name check out the Sinn 903 ;)

watchthirst, Rodmar and Jwit like this.
  3. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 21, 2017

Lovely Watch!....my brother has similar to this and it ROCKS!

Wear it in good health.

Rodmar likes this.
  4. Rodmar Jan 21, 2017

I'll give it a look!

5. Rodmar Jan 21, 2017

Thanks 007, always glad to hear from James himself.

Omeg@007 likes this.
  6. slique12 Jan 27, 2017

Lovely watch, congrats!

Rodmar likes this.