Forums Latest Members
  1. OMEGuy Mar 9, 2020

Hi guys,

I just found this one on ebay and it appears clear to me the seller is trying to provoke more emotions in collector's hearts than there is any substance in value.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/OMEGA-SPEED...sh=item48e1a5c06a:g:PA8AAOSwiMteZtiK#viTabs_0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

The seller doesn't state anything clearly, but his description isn't nearly correct and honest as well.

“OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL PRE-MOON WATCH 100% GENUINE THAT HAS BEEN PRE-OWNED BUT IN GREAT CONDITION FOR ITS AGE. THE WATCH SHOWS LIGHT SINGS OF HANDLE AND WEAR SUCH AS LIGHT SCRATCHES, SWIRLS AND MARKS BUT IT IS IN AMAZING CONDITION CONSIDERING ITS AGE. THE WATCH WAS RECENTLY SERVICED AND IT IS WORKING CORRECTLY. YOU CAN CHECK OUT A PICTURE OF THE WATCH BEING SERVICED ON THE PICTURES OF THIS LISTING. IT HAS ALL ITS ORIGINAL PARTS. PLEASE NOTE THE STRAP IS GENERIC. PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICTURES CLOSELY AS AN ADDITION TO THIS DESCRIPTION FOR REFERENCE AS THE WATCH IS SOLD AS IS AND THERE ARE NO RETURNS ACCEPTED. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE PICTURES. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND HAPPY SHOPPING!”

Well, in an ironic way, I like the "HAPPY SHOPPING". :)

But otherwise, I feel tired when reading / seeing descriptions like these. These mean: Anything you missed when looking at my pictures will be your problem in the future.

It is obvious to me that the chrono second hand has the wrong shape. So it can never be "all origional" (and no Ultraman hand neither). Just a tiny little detail, which I am, by the sales terms, delivered to as a buyer.

Recent service as described and must be believed from the pictures? I'd never get back to a watchmaker again, who serviced a watch and forgot to mount an new caseback gasket.

Anyone here to place a bid and get the chance to buy an all original, "recently serviced" Ultraman as seen in the pictures without any terms of refund?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Mar 9, 2020
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 9, 2020

Ugly lume, misleading replacement second hand, polished, blow-out photos, what's not to like?

3. OMEGuy Mar 9, 2020

The way that sellers mix up the terms "genuine" with "original" and that "serviced" means "opened for taking pictures" to them.

Here I think that it goes beyond this. Here it is all about trying to create a fairytale about an orange hand, without really telling it.