Forums Latest Members

Ultra-Thin Dress Watch Worn Casually

1. DTMwatch Nov 11, 2023

While I enjoy wearing my Piaget Altiplano 38mm in yellow gold with suit or sports jacket, it’s versatile enough to be worn casually in my opinion. I like the juxtaposition of a classic dress watch with a relaxed, casual look. This evening I’m enjoying the sun setting on a cool upstate New York evening with my gold Piaget. Cheers!

IMG_0059.jpeg IMG_0062.jpeg IMG_0061.jpeg

2. Annapolis Nov 11, 2023

I think many of us would say these categories (dress vs sports, etc) don't really matter much---except to the most finicky. Nobody outside the hardcore watch-world is likely to notice or care if you're wearing a "dress watch" with shorts and tank top. Looks good!

3. Zman4eva Nov 11, 2023

Agree. I wear gold dress watches on a leather strap with my hoodie. No one notices or cares.

Pun, apsm100, sxl2004 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 11, 2023

That strap works well as it is less formal and fussy. I try to dress my gold watches down with more rustic looking straps. I

Zman4eva and DTMwatch like this.
  5. sxl2004 Nov 11, 2023

Rules are there to be broken.
    It is the post rule era!
    Do what ever rocks your boat.

6. th0m Nov 11, 2023

I really dislike the term "dress watch". Somehow the steel diver/sports watch on bracelet has become the "standard" watch, that supposedly goes with anything, whether it be shorts and sandals or a tuxedo. Personally I find that a simple, modest sized gold watch on a leather strap like your Piaget is much more versatile and looks much better regardless of outfit or occasion than for example a Submariner.

I guess we have Bond to blame.