Forums Latest Members
  1. Pabla Jan 29, 2015

2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 29, 2015

Pabla likes this.
  3. jasonkit9047 Jan 29, 2015

4. Pabla Jan 29, 2015

Hi Gavin,

He clearly states it is a marriage watch, i was wondering if it had any value? Also thank you for the quick reply

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 29, 2015

$10 or whatever its weight in brass is worth. Its an old pocket watch movement which is worth far less than the cost to service it to begin with, butchered by some guy, and the rest is fake. There's no marriage here... just a shagged out pocket watch movement and counterfeit parts.

Pabla likes this.
  6. Pabla Jan 29, 2015

Thanks mate, i appreciate the help.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 29, 2015

I wouldn't call it a fake. It has a genuine Omega (pocket watch) movement.

It never left the Omega factory like that so its Omega value is zero.

I would definitely call it a Franken though, even with all of the flowery words and padding the description with a history of Omega.

These are watches created by taking an old pocket watch movement and stuffing them into a modern case and calling them "marriage" watches, as if that somehow lends an air of legitimacy to the end result.

Collector value is nothing.
    Artistic value is less than nothing.
    "I want" value is whatever anybody wants to pay.

And the price is approaching what you could pay for a nice genuine vintage Omega that you could be proud to display.

TexasKevin and Pabla like this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 30, 2015

These watches are not well received here, and for (mostly) good reason as they are usually pretty poorly made. Having worked on a couple over the years, the cases are crap, and the movements are usually in rough shape.

They are also not well represented with Omega on the dial, and in many cases they try to pass them off as all original. I will at least give the seller some credit for not trying to do that, and making it clear this is an old movement in a new case.

However taking a vintage pocket watch movement and putting it into a wrist watch can be done well. For example this movement:

[​IMG]

Becomes this watch:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So if done properly, I obviously have no problems with this sort of work, but the result here is far from the junk made in the Ukraine.

Cheers, Al

9. Pvt-Public Jan 30, 2015

Well done, I have a couple hamilton pw's none small enough for wrist wear though.