Forums Latest Members
  1. Matty1 Apr 8, 2019

Hi

There appears to be an imminent price increase in the UK - the OBs keeping mentioning this as I’m considering my first Speedmaster pro. I’m aware this already had a price increase on 1 jan this year - do you think omega will do another increase?....

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2019

Another? Surely not.

3. Evitzee Apr 8, 2019

Could be BS as part of sales tactic, or true. Omega might feel fthe need to bring their prices more in line with their competition.

4. mblease Apr 8, 2019

I picked up a new Speedy Pro last week in a local (London) AD. There was no mention of a price increase, in fact they were very accommodating and dropped £500 off the RRP.

5. Omega-Q Apr 8, 2019

I wonder if this has anything to do with Brexit, or increased risk in the economy? Serious question actually...how quickly do economic policies cause increased/decreased prices in retail goods?

6. Matty1 Apr 8, 2019

Interesting. Where was this AD? I’m keen on buying one

7. mblease Apr 8, 2019

Ernest Jones, Kingston Upon Thames.

8. Vintagewtchzilla Apr 8, 2019

everything is possible on schroedingers island :D

JimJupiter and ioaniro like this.
  9. Matty1 Apr 8, 2019

Sounds like a good deal to me. Which version did you get? Did you already have a good relationship with them?

Thanks.

10. mblease Apr 8, 2019

It's the regular Moonwatch. I wanted a stunt speedy I could wear daily without care to keep my almost pristine 69, well... pristine!

I'd planned on buying at Heathrow later this month but the price they offered me wasn't that far off tax free so just went for it. First purchase with them, no previous relationship. Very happy, aside from the fact that after a week of wearing I noticed the chrono hand was 'slightly' misaligned to the dial which they are now taking care of. If you are picking up a brand new Speedy and have OCD tendencies keep an eye out at the point of purchase or it will drive you mad!

11. taz101 Apr 8, 2019

I can get the new SM for £3k cash from my AD

12. jspaxton Apr 8, 2019

I'll be travelling to the U.K. in a few weeks from the U.S.A. My tour will include several days in London, Edinburgh and Glascgow. Anyone from those areas please help me out with some advice on the best AD's to see for a deal on a Moonwatch. I'd love for my first Omega to be a souvenir from this vacation my wife and I have been dreaming of for 18 years. (maybe send PM's ?)

13. 83n Apr 8, 2019

When in Glasgow, go to the Argyle Arcades. You should find a good AD there - besides it is heaven on earth! My wife had a hard time getting me out of there.

Dougiem and jspaxton like this.
  14. Matty1 Apr 9, 2019

SM? Isn’t that a different watch?

15. archmagenmr Apr 10, 2019

FYI, it appears that there will also be a price hike on May 1st here in Taiwan, according to multiple OBs. Hope this is not a global phenomenon.