Forums Latest Members

UG Tri-Compax Noob Needing Dial Advice!

1. watchaholic8 Sep 21, 2022

I'm a long time lurker of this forum, with a small but growing Omega collection. Although I've owned one Tri-Compax before, I'm very much a noob with Universal Geneve watches.

I got this watch recently (22258), and apart from the hour counter not resetting (and the hand not being correct?), I was wondering if this is a re-dial?

- The 'G' on GENEVE seems a bit off (no accent on the 2nd 'E' either)
    - 'COMPAX' doesn't follow the curve of the hour sub-dial in the same way as 'TRI' does.
    - Chronograph sub-dials don't seem to be as sunken on one side.

Am I right to worry? Has this dial been refinished at some point? Happy to learn more about Universal Geneve because they're gorgeous watches but it doesn't feel like there's as much resources online about them.

Many thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. bgrisso Sep 21, 2022

Welcome to the sub forum. Yes the dial is reprinted, it looks like most or all the hands are wrong as well. Hopefully it was cheap! UG is definitely a learning curve, if you study this sub forum there’s tons of great info.

jumpingsecond and Mark020 like this.
  3. TexOmega Sep 21, 2022

Font and subdial spacing seems off.

4. bubba48 Sep 21, 2022

Bad redial

5. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Sep 22, 2022

Indeed a poor one. What is the (app.) serial?

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 23, 2022

This watch seems familiar. We’ve discussed this one before. Well, noob tax paid unfortunately unless you can return it. If you can, I would. The pushers are also probably wrong.

billving and Mark020 like this.