Forums Latest Members

UG Space Compax Case and Bezel on Ebay

1. erpin9 Oct 1, 2016

2. Diabolik Oct 2, 2016

That case came from my workshop. I think i sold it for a pittance. I designed and made those aluminium pushers and although they worked, they were quite temporemental and had very tight tollerances. I am designing a new version which will be a 100% improvement on version 1. I suppose they could be made to look like originals by rubber coating them.

Not sure what hard line collectors would have to say about that, would it make the watch a franken??

erpin9 likes this.
  3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 2, 2016

Sure, but if the alternative is to have a nonfunctional case....

4. erpin9 Oct 4, 2016

For such a small but vital part I don't think the watch will be considered franken if I use it because those parts are non existent already.

5. HeuerLoon Oct 4, 2016

Off topic. As you mentioned you're designing a new pusher part; here's something I received with my watch when I sourced it from Japan

The previous owner used these plastic replacement pushers as the original rubber covers had perished over time in storage. They work perfectly but of course look rather odd

The Hong Kong eBay supplier for replacement rubber pusher covers has stopped supplying the black rubber version, so there's a pressing need for an alternative.

I could lend you one if you need it for measurements

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  6. Diabolik Oct 6, 2016

I am surprised they work as the original rubber glove, made a seal with the serated screw in pusher cover. That seal made the pusher waterproof and was tight, too tight for there to be any movement. If you replace the rubber glove with a solid pusher as i did and you have done, movement is minimal so pusher becomes quite temporemental.

That is why when using a rubber glove, you must have washer on top of the pusher. The diameter of the washer slightly smaller than the internal diameter of pusher and allows full travel of pusher.

The solution is a two part pusher to replace the rubber glove ... An external shell that locks it in place and an internal moving part that drives the pusher.