Forums Latest Members
  1. dlc.nla Dec 31, 2016

Hello, I'm looking to purchase my first vintage watch soon, and I'm wanting it to be a UG Polerouter - specifically either a solid gold model or a sub with a budget of $1.2k or less.
    I've done quite a bit of reading and comparing and it seems that prices are all over the place with these things, even when evaluating the same year/model/condition.
    I have 2 primary questions I'm hoping someone more experienced can assist me with:

1. I see that Polerouter.de is mentioned quite a lot here for referential purposes, but little mention of people buying from there. Is it a reputable and recommended site to actually purchase from?

2. Am I missing something? I see a Polerouter date in great condition sell on Polerouter.de for $405, on Chrono24 for $900, and on Hodinkee for $2k without original dial, no date window, and several other questionable factors. I realize that Hodinkee marks everything up, but $2k seems really high for that model and the condition it was in. I also see subs going for $3k-$4k, but then the same model just sold 2 days ago on Polerouter.de for $1,248.

Any clarification someone can provide would be much appreciated!

2. gop76 Dec 31, 2016

AFAIK, Polerouter.de is off for some years now so it's not a valid option

3. dlc.nla Dec 31, 2016

Really? I didn't know that.
    3 models just went from "Buy it" to "sold" today, and the 1962 sub just showed as "sold" 2 days ago.

4. gop76 Dec 31, 2016

Well, that's new to me. If you can buy the announced watches at the announced prices hurry up. They are announced well below the current prices nowadays.

thelinendial and dlc.nla like this.
  5. LaurentBxl Dec 31, 2016

Well if you find a sub at 1.2k let us know.... they go for a lot more than that, check eBay, they're a couple for sale at the moment, for 8 and 9k i believe.
    I'm not sure the .de site is still active, and the only polerouter i have seen on hodinkee has an original dial, is in near perfect condition for 1.7k, which seems very expensive to me.
    Price is subjective for vintage items in general, a nice polerouter can be found for less than 1k in steel, they come for sale often, solid gold will be more expensive. eBay is a good place to get an idea about prices.
    Happy new year!

thelinendial likes this.
  6. dlc.nla Dec 31, 2016

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated!
    You're correct about the Hodinkee Polerouter dial, I meant to say that the crystal was not original.
    Happy New Year to you as well!