Forums Latest Members
  1. wilson331 Apr 9, 2018

Hey watch peeps, so here is my latest UG no date polerouter with the 138 SS bumper movement. I'm really new to this vintage world, so i need some advice on the finishing for this watch.
    When i received it, i realized the polishing on the watch is a little weird. Around the dial it has an uneven brushed finish and the lugs were very polished.
    I want to know what i could do to the case to it to make it look as close as possible to a NOS polerouter. Like how was the case finished originally? If that makes sense. Everything else seems original, but if anything looks off please point it out. I hope the pictures help.

Thanks guys :)

IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG IMG_0843.JPG IMG_0844.JPG IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0846.JPG IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0848.PNG
  2. TropicConnie Apr 9, 2018

Sell it and buy a better specimen. It's already been polished too much, and further polishing you do will just distort the original contours even further. All those fine bevels and sharp edges are long gone and aren't coming back.

wilson331 likes this.
  3. heccsat Apr 11, 2018

Are you sure about the dial being original? The text looks weird to my eye, it could be original, but certainly looks weird.
    The case is in a terrible shape, sell it and buy a better one imho.