Forums Latest Members
  1. valjoux72 Mar 13, 2019

If you are collecting Universal Geneve watches and already have some Polerouters in your collection, it shouldn´t lack a Monodatic!
    Who set up this rule? Well, just me, as I think it is one of the most interesting UG time only watches.

Back in the 50´s it was one of the most precious UG watches on the market, even more expensive than a golden Tri-Compax! Funny to see how times have changed.

Anzeige Monodatic.jpg

Most appealing for me always was the stainless steel version with the round date window. But unfortunately most of them have lost their original crystal over the years. So last week a Monodatic popped up at ebay. The Monodatic looked quiet nice (unpolished, dirty...) and even had a round loupe window what means that it might have been the original crystal.

So I gave the watch a chance and won the bidding battle. The watch arrived today and I really was excited unboxing it.
    As it came out of the box I first looked for the crystal and... Bingo!! The U in the center of the crystal is still there. ;)
    There is some patina on the dial, but it is quiet even. Dial and hands are looking original, unsigned crown might be a later replacement. Movement looks OK even if a small part of one bumper is missing. Serial and logo are worn but still visible, the HF case with curved lugs feels fantastic on the wrist.

Here are some first pics after unboxing...
    IMG_20190313_122347_754.jpg
    20190313_120036.jpg
    20190313_115753.jpg

filmir, CafeRacer, gop76 and 9 others like this.
  2. Woops Mar 13, 2019

I love these and their roulette date windows too. There was a pristine waffle dial for sale around here a while back (Dre maybe?) which still haunts me to this day - I think a member grabbed it.

Can you shed any light as to why Monodatics retailed at such a premium verses other models in the range?

3. Woops Mar 13, 2019

Oh and also, my apologies....lovely watch and wear in good health!

valjoux72 likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Mar 13, 2019

I know of no other watch brand where the collectors are so enthusiastic about having the correct crystals. It never ceases to amaze and amuse me :D

Looks like a good catch and thanks for posting those adverts!

Larry S and Gav1967 like this.
  5. valjoux72 Mar 13, 2019

Thanks Woops, to be honest I really don't know why they were as expansive at these days. Maybe the new case design?

@CEP usually I'm not that enthusiastic about the crystal, but this round date window really needs the right crystal imho

Edited Mar 13, 2019
    Larry S likes this.
  6. chronoboy64 Mar 13, 2019

very nice catch, huge congrats and wear in good health :thumbsup:

valjoux72 likes this.