Forums Latest Members
  1. erpin9 Sep 25, 2016

I am just wondering what would be the fair market value for a space compax in decent condition? Im being offered one and the seller has given me first option. He will show it tomorrow and if we dont agree, he will take it to the next interested buyer. Asking price is $7k. Its a 1st gen model.

Drawarms likes this.
  2. YWK Sep 26, 2016

Condition, condition, condition. Pics will help here. But space compaxes in great-good condition are rare and usually well north of US$12K.

Diabolik and ELV web like this.
  3. Mlafra Sep 26, 2016

I agree with YWK, condition here is key. 7k, especially for a 1st gen model, sounds way to low in this market if the condition is good. Hence there is either something wrong with it or it is a real bargain!

Diabolik likes this.
  4. Fost Sep 26, 2016

One MK2 is for sale on eBay for 15k euros ...

5. erpin9 Sep 26, 2016

I got the watch already. Will post pics later

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 26, 2016

I hope you don't have buyers remorse. Selller is rushing you for some reason. Price seems low. There are some amazing experts here who have seen it all. Pics are the best way for them to weigh in.

Jonatan likes this.
  7. Diabolik Sep 26, 2016

should have reference and serial on back which matches model. look for a caliber 85 (valjoux 72) movement. there is a great section on space compax models here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-fake-space-compax-spotting-guide.8489/

it is a sticky so it cannot be missed. $7k is way low and at $12K it probably has a way to go in comparison to other compax models. Should be up with the nina's and I am sure in the not to distant future we will see them up there.

8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Sep 26, 2016

That would be a steal for one in good condition. As others have said - PICS!

As far as where they go, I'm not sure that they ever hit the 20's due to their somewhat nichey aesthetics (asymmetrical case, art deco fonts, rubber-tipped pushers, etc). I think the reason the Evil Ninas and Ninas have hit that level are due to the very classical aesthetics. Just my two cents though. Regardless of future value, I'd feel very confident in predicting that a good condition Space Compax purchased in 2016 for $7K will not be lower than that ever again.

9. erpin9 Sep 26, 2016

Here are pictures of the UG Space Compax. I was able to negotiate the price citing the missing rubber pushers and the faded bezel. It still has the original UG bracelet. Can anyone here assist in finding those rubber pushers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Syrte and aap like this.
  10. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Sep 26, 2016

Love it

11. timjohn Sep 27, 2016

Nice one

12. mappleluna Sep 27, 2016

That bracelet and endlinks are a big "plus" cause seldomly seen still attached on those Space Compax

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 27, 2016

Well used old tool watch. Nice snag. It's patina says it all!

14. cottonlume Sep 27, 2016

Very nice pick up, a service and a "light" polish would bring it back to it's former glory

15. erpin9 Sep 27, 2016

My problem is finding the rubber pushers. Any help would be highly appreciated.

16. YWK Sep 28, 2016

Congrats. The rubber pushers I believe can be bought, last I read from Hong Kong. But you need the tiny metal pieces that sit inside the pushers, and those I believe are super difficult to find.

17. Diabolik Sep 28, 2016

Watch is correct in every respect but fire across serial and reference to double check. Seems to have the correct caliber 85 movement and you have what looks like the UG GF flip-lock bracelet (could be wrong) which is a rarity in itself as it is the original bracelet supplied with 2nd gen Polerouter Subs. Only thing that really changed is the buckle and end links (but they also fit the space). Are end links marked UM?

Very nice and desirable first exec space becoming quite rare. Keep an eye out for a bezel and rubber gloves and you will have a very important watch that almost made history ! Rubber gloves for pushers used to come up on ebay. A chinese chap used to make them but have not seen anything for ages and charged an arm and a leg for them. You will also need spacers (go between pushers and rubber glove)

erpin9, Severin and YWK like this.
  18. YWK Sep 28, 2016

spacers. I learned something new today. Thanks. These are almost impossible to find, no?

19. Diabolik Sep 28, 2016

yes, spacers. impossible to find. they can be made though. it takes time as they have very tight tolerances. PM me if you would like some made up.

UG space compax pusher.jpg

20. mappleluna Sep 28, 2016

Love this forum. :cool: