Forums Latest Members
  1. pfibiger Jun 2, 2016

Hi All,

I'm looking at this watch -- I've found a couple of identical watches online, and aside from the Tiffany dial (which at least with other brands I understand is pretty much impossible to authenticate) it appears to be original, or at least matches the others I found online. It looks like it's Cal 218-27, 14k gold with an aftermarket bracelet , but I can't find anything else about the model name/number.

Here are my two questions:

1) Can anyone help identify the watch a little more? Am I correct in thinking that the dial looks original?

2) After taking the picture, the seller has lost the crown. I saw the recent thread about the $800 UG crowns on ebay -- if I buy this am i destined to spend $800 or be unable to complete the watch? Are there reasonable sources for parts like these?

Thanks a ton!

- Phil

00707_6SpcT3LK7dH_1200x900.jpg
  2. Jonatan Jun 2, 2016

Hi. This a tough one. Have you seen better pictures? I for one would ask for much more pictures before going ahead with the buy.

How do you know what the movement is?
    How did the seller loose the crown? If it fell off it could have something else wrong with it.

Sorry I'm just stating the obvious but more pictures are needed to make sure it's authentic.

3. pfibiger Jun 3, 2016

I have a picture of the back that shows a serial # that seems to be roughly in the same series as the two other similar watches I've found online. I haven't seen it opened up yet, so the movement was a guess based on these two watches:

http://www.chrono24.com/en/universa...tor-automatic-watch-cal-218-27--id3625367.htm
    http://www.watchesnsuch.net/universal_geneve_14kgf_17j_18k_rotor-wns-6070-4012.html

It's semi local, so I can see it in person and/or have it evaluated by a jeweler. Not sure how the person lost the crown, but I expect it'll require repair work.