Forums Latest Members
  1. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 25, 2015

Hello Fellas

I'm active on the Omega part of the forum but doesn't know much about UG... yet. I like their history and have kinda missed a gold watch since I sold my Connie deluxe. I came across this Compur 18k chrono and like it but I dont know much about the model. As far as I can see the dial and hands is original (am I correct?) and the case doesn't look overly polished. All in all I find the condition to be nice but would sure appreciate any opinions.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Oct 25, 2015

The dial is refinished, my friend, and the crown looks to be a replacement.

x3no, nicolas07 and Togri v. 2.0 like this.
  3. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 25, 2015

Wow that was fast :unsure: Ok, I have much to learn. What gives away the redial? Am I correct that a lot of these are redials?

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Oct 25, 2015

It's hard to articulate. The dial print is too uniform and dark, the subdials have no depth (they should be wavy and/or sunk), and the lume is bland. The color of the dial is also slightly off. More obvious features are the constant seconds and minute register hands, which, if you'll notice, are too long for their respective subdials. This is probably a consequence of the subdials being - again, refinished.

As for the crown - it seems to be too small for that case.

x3no, ELV web, NT931 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 25, 2015

I didn't notice the lenght of the seconds and minute hand, but I can see it now, when you say it. Back to the books as they say :) Thank you for the help, much appreciated!!

6. woodwkr2 Oct 30, 2015

Confirmed.