Forums Latest Members

UG Compax Redials - My first two mistakes as a UG fan?

1. ToBiDi Dec 10, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to this forum and do not really know a lot about UG yet. However, I really like their 40s/50s chronographs and just purchased two Compax watches. Now that I am starting to read up on them a little and first heard of how many redials there are as well how many frankenwatches, I was wondering if mine are redials and how I could have spotted them. I am glad for some hints :)

The first one here has the serial number 744773 and should be from between '38-'41 if i am not mistaken. The watch looks very clean though - especially the case - so i was wondering if this is at all original.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The second one is this one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think this one looks much better but still am not sure if not a redial.

Please enlighten me with some expertise :)

Thank you very much for the help!
    Best,

Tobi

billving and chronoboy64 like this.
  2. bgrisso Dec 10, 2019

Hi Tobi,
    Welcome to the forum. The first watch is redial. The chrono sweep is also wrong. Case looks polished. If it's still a option, you may consider to return the watch.

The second example is original dial. The case is unusual, it would help to see interior and exterior caseback pics to just make sure all stamping is correct. The chrono reset is looking wonky, I would test to see if all hands are correctly resetting to zero.

Dan S, sdre, ToBiDi and 5 others like this.
  3. ToBiDi Dec 10, 2019

Hi bgrisso,

Thank you very much for the information and the warm welcome! I will give the chrono reset a try and have a look id i can return the first one. It was an ebay find, so I am not sure if I can still return it but i'll give it a go :)

bgrisso likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 11, 2019

Seriously ... we must see the rear cover of the second watch inside and out. Not saying the second piece is legit either. The second watch needs a full service.

bgrisso likes this.
  5. billving Dec 11, 2019

I agree, first definite redial. Second I like the dial, but need that number.

bgrisso likes this.
  6. ToBiDi Dec 13, 2019

I currently am traveling and do not have the watch with me. So unfortunately can not give you the number just yet! But I will as soon as i am back. Thanks guys :)