Forums Latest Members
  1. DRjre086 Feb 15, 2019

Also to add to my previous post, shouldn’t the case number be inscribed on the outer caseback under the case number?

Thanks in advance folks!

2. Jonatan Feb 16, 2019

Why didn’t you simply add to your previous thread and how do you have 110 posts?

sdre, jumpingsecond and aap like this.
  3. DRjre086 Feb 16, 2019

Not sure what you are asking. I have 110 posts because I have posted 110 times. :whistling:

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 16, 2019

And you ask advice on an invisible watch .... in two posts.

sdre likes this.
  5. DRjre086 Feb 16, 2019

I clearly gave the reference number. Here are the pictures

766680F2-4FDB-4EF4-8842-43F64CAB1260.jpeg 66620A7C-0C4E-45F3-88DD-139606B0D45F.jpeg

6. DRjre086 Feb 16, 2019

Thanks for the help though guys, appreciate it. For such a vast array of knowledge on this forum, I’ve still yet to figure out why so many questions posed from people seeking knowledge from their wiser elders are always met with acquisition into some sort of motive.....I’m going to assume you are under the assumption I’m trying to get my post count up so i can sell. Don’t you think if that were the case I would be a little more hurried seeing as I have been for for 3 years?

7. Redbirdsfan70 Feb 16, 2019

He gave the reference number and even if he posted on his original thread it is still plus 1 on his post count. Didn't you both start out with a post count of zero? Doesn't everyone on here start out with a post count of zero? The way I see it if you both didn't have any value to add to this thread and couldn't answer the OP's question or at least guide him to where he could find the answer then you were both the ones creating useless posts.

And I'm sure now you'll both accuse me of trying to bump up my post count. :rolleyes:

CaptainWinsor likes this.
  8. jumpingsecond Feb 16, 2019

I don't want to speak for the other guys but I'm thinkin jonatan and larry s were commenting more on inefficiency in creating 2 separate threads on the same subject and the lack of pics to help guide answers.

Also trying to make sense of the question-
    Guessing OP is asking where is the case number on this model. I'm not sure these newer UG model's had traditional case numbers like the 60's and older gen UG. I think these newer Universal's just had the watch's model # on the back of the case and then a serial # on the movement. Someone who collects these can probably chime in to confirm or deny.

9. Jonatan Feb 16, 2019

I was just surprised that you started two threads to ask a question without pictures. This ends up with diluting or spreading the information. Thanks for helping us help you by nicely adding pictures. This isn't the Rolex forum, ref. numbers mean nothing to many of us including myself. Universal Geneve case backs (inscribed either inside or outside) the case usually consists of the serial number and a case reference.

Yes, I saw that you had been here for 3 years, which puzzled me even more. That's why I asked the question. I don't care if you decided to increase your post count to sell a watch, that's none of my business. I care about meaningful and interesting posts and threads on a forum that l like, frequent and contribute to. Furthermore, why get so offended by a comment if the hat doesn't fit you?

See answer above regarding reference numbers. The rest of your comments aren't worth my time but thanks.

Carlton-Browne and sdre like this.
  10. DRjre086 Feb 16, 2019

Yes, I incorrectly posted the second question after the fact which is my bad. It would have been more constructive if you mentioned that in the first place instead of asking about my post count.

The truth is, my son underwent open heart surgery this past year (at 1yr old) which has not only taken up quite a bit of time but any potential watch funds as well.

I contribute as much as I can when I have the time. Doesn’t take away from my passion or love of watches.

Let’s just leave this thread at that. Thanks for the replies everyone.

11. Jonatan Feb 16, 2019

I'm sorry to hear about your son.

Why not turn it into something useful...

The info that I found while googling your title helped me to find this info.

Yes, the case reference number should be inscribed in the back and here's different pictures of what the sub-second hands should look like.
    Including a few links that lead to previous discussions on this forum.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ug-experts-thoughts-about-reference-284-465.76487/

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 14.38.03.png Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 14.43.33.png Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 14.43.23.png
    Edited Feb 16, 2019
  12. DRjre086 Feb 16, 2019

Thanks. He is recovering well.

I gathered the same from my research regarding the case number.

IN regards to the chrono hand, I found that the square end “could” be correct in later references where no case number is included.

Here’s an example:
    https://www.bachmann-scher.de/en/so...-yellow-goldstainless-steel-bj-1980-2794.html

13. Redbirdsfan70 Feb 16, 2019

I love this forum but I hate the arrogance some display around here. Do those offenders think because they have a wealth of knowledge on watches that they are above the rest of us? There are many things I am expert in yet when someone with lesser experience than me or a newbie comes along I listen and try to understand what help they need and encourage their interest in my field of expertise. Many on here with low post counts prefer to observe and take in information. Reading is one way to learn. Asking questions is another but when people are rude to you in doing so it deters the questions. In the end, I think it comes down to what my mother taught me...if you don't have anything nice to say to someone you just shouldn't say it at all. If you didn't want to answer politely you should have just not responded at all. The admins here do a perfectly fine job policing the forum as it is.

14. vujen Feb 16, 2019

Hi. The watch showed at the beginning is mine, and it's listed for sale here in OF. My watch is 100% original in all its parts, of course. It's not so strange to see some of these UGs without serial numbers on the back, you can find some examples online. IMO these come from the very last UG batch. Of course I am not sure about this, but this is my idea,
    It would be nice if OP simply asked me about this, it would be more than nice if OP, instead of asking me about shipping costs for this watch, simply showed me some curiosity about this ref.
    I honestly think that maybe spending something like 10-20 seconds doing some research online is better than wasting other people's time.

Thank you all for your interest.

CaptainWinsor likes this.
  15. Jonatan Feb 16, 2019

I thought I saw it on here. I had a quick look and couldn't find it and stumbled on your sale post on another forum.
    Here's the link https://omegaforums.net/threads/fs-...ax-1950-lnos-and-full-set.89673/#post-1162414

16. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 17, 2019

@DRjre086 .... Good to hear your son is on the mend. Sorry you fell into a stereotypical poster category that triggers irritation. @Redbirdsfan70 .... Most of us always try to be helpful here and via PM. In fact this is one of the more flexible, helpful and forgiving sub forums. Too often of late we are subjected to demands for pricing and validation service by those with low / no post counts who contribute little to knowledge base in this sub forum, can’t be bothered to do any research, don’t provide us with good pics, are post farming or guerrilla selling. Let’s not even mention those who get snarky when they don’t like the answers. Help us help you as @Jonatan said.