Forums Latest Members

UG Aero Compax 24h 882.424/9370 black reedition

1. UGCompax May 12, 2014

Hello Everybody,

Been following all UG threads for some time, and would like your thoughts on this model (not having sucess in attaching a picture). I know this forum is more vintage oriented, but for sure you experts in the brand could help me with this model as I have not been able to find much info regarding it. The main reason
    I am posing this question, is because I have a possibility of buying a nos model with a big discount of the listed price, but am not yet really sure if I should
    do it. I think this model was a limited of 500 1999 edition, is that the case? What globally do you think of this model, place in the UG story, collectible future
    value, etc etc. Could you please give me an idea of what in your opinion should be reasonable to pay for an example in nos condition today?

Regards

2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. May 12, 2014

You can click on the camera icon at the right bottom corner where you're entering your post and attach the pic. The guys will be right along once you post the pic. And welcome.

3. UGCompax May 13, 2014

Thank you Gavin! Together I attach the picture of the model which I picked from the net. I am not able to attach a picture of the actual watch
    I am talking as I don't actually own it yet, but it is exactly as this one.
    Would appreciate your thoughts then
    Thank you all

UGBIGblack.jpg
  4. valjoux72 May 13, 2014

Hi,

a lot of brands offer Re-edition of famous watches they made (Tag Heuer, UG, Zenith...). I prefer orginal watches with history, the re-edition sometimes are even more expensive than the original vintage ones (which of course most of the time in used condition). In my opinion the todays re-edition watches don´t have the "aura" of the original, and even if the try modernize the original design, it doesn´t work out most of the time.

Limited editions are more marketing than collectors item. Look out for orginal watches, have fun in searching and collecting vintage timepieces, which telling you nice stories.

Best regards

Georg

lenny likes this.
  5. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. May 15, 2014

I am not too sure about pricing of the reissue or if it will be collectible in the future. But I do have the vintage version of a similar watch which I enjoy thoroughly. But it take a second longer to read the time with the 24h dial. ;)
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/squirrel-bites-late-aerocompax.7233/

6. UGCompax May 15, 2014

Thank's a lot Gavin (wonderfull watch of yours), but had already noticed that thread ;-) - naturally vintage is always much more special (own myself a black dial valjoux 72 Compax which I treasure), but considered this one as is also something a few years old (nos in this case), with a decent movement , etc.
    Would really like some more comprehensive thoughts from UG experts as I don't find much on the net on this model, but probably no one here feels much inclined to add more

7. deerworrier Jun 2, 2014

I have the white dial version of this and love it. I nearly sold it but changed my mind given the likelihood of finding another anytime soon, they are not as collectable as the vintage pieces but they are a damn sight more affordable and I think ill be keeping a hold of mine for some time yet. I believe the movement in the reissues went on to be tinkered with and become the omega 861? open to correction on this point though!

[​IMG]