Forums Latest Members

UG 1960s Compax & Tri Compax Bracelets

1. RichardC Mar 19, 2015

Hi guys

I picked up my first UG today, a "blue" exotic Compax and am very very pleased with it. It's a bit smaller than I'd usually wear but the bracelet makes it wear larger than the strap so it still feels great. I love metallic dials and the contrast between a different shade of matt blue just adds to the beauty. I doubt it will be my last UG, eyes on some other Compax, Tri Compax and those lovely looking big eyes!

Obviously I'm new to the forum and was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of where info on the bracelets to fit the above watches may be lurking. Are there any "group" pictures of the available bracelets, both GF and Champion (USA) ones? Also a list of ends required for them all?

Very grateful for any feedback, this is all rather new to me as up until now I have mainly been a Heuer man.

If anyone has any GF or even Champion USA jubilee style bracelets they would be happy to part with (to sell or trade for Heuer parts perhaps) I'd be delighted to hear from them :)

Cheers
    Richard

IMG_6902.JPG
    opahman, vord, Gavin and 2 others like this.
  2. GeraldLui Mar 19, 2015

Richard,
    amazing watch as i know You are a true Heuerist !!
    Maybe Lou can provide more Infos about a classification.
    Best Gerald IMG_0404.JPG

Gavin, styggpyggeno1 and HeuerLoon like this.
  3. HeuerLoon Mar 19, 2015

There's a lack of information concerning bracelets for these models.

I searched for this info too in order to source the correct bracelet for my Compax. I ended up buying a NOS 22mm strap and buckle

Great watch by the way

image.jpg
    Gavin, styggpyggeno1 and GeraldLui like this.
  4. RichardC Mar 19, 2015

Hi Gerald, thanks :)

Yes I have been in touch with Lou, hoping he might be able to help.

I suspect my first UG, might be a slippery slope......!

Cheers
    R

5. RichardC Mar 19, 2015

Thanks Heuer Loon...from a fellow Heuer nutter...

For me 36mm is too small to wear on band, certainly it doesn't feel right on my wrist, so like a Carrera I would need a bracelet. I suspect because I have many watch OCD's that it may stop me buying more until I can source one or two bracelets or watches that come with them...of course I know this won't be easy!

6. HeuerLoon Mar 19, 2015

7. RichardC Mar 19, 2015

Thanks for the thread mate :)

I believe, like Heuer only a small % were sold on bracelet, unlike the high rollers who bought Rolex's. It was quite a bit cheaper to buy on leather/corfam etc, so easy to see why this happened. This of course is why we see so few now. My Compax comes on a slightly diff UG clasp signed bracelet than one PG's has on it and although of course nowhere near as nice as the GF, still for me a much better alternative to a leather band.

If it were easy to source, it wouldn't so much fun, right? Of course would be less infuriating!!

8. HeuerLoon Mar 19, 2015

And you thought Heuer parts were difficult to source. :D I've been trying to find a GF bracelet for my Pole Router Sub and its proving close to impossible. Incidentally, I have been trying to find a bracelet for an Autavia. You could try shooting Laurent a message. He's always very helpful and knows his stuff when it comes to UG.

9. E-diddy Mar 19, 2015

Beautiful, fun dial!!! Love it. Please let us know what Lou advises. I have a similar UG and would like to know my bracelet options. I too think the dials is a little undersized.

I'm fast becoming an UG fan.

10. papaebetu Mar 20, 2015

All needs the same bracelet with 21,5mm end-ink; it's fantastic and elastic also.
    The grey model of Loom is big, 40/42mm, Rich I have your same wrist problems... ;)

GIGI

IMG_0162.JPG IMG_6265.jpg IMG_0134.JPG
    HeuerLoon and Gavin like this.
  11. RichardC Mar 20, 2015

I do not think I have big wrists, in fact i think my wrists are medium for someone who is 6ft 4"...but my Hodinkee friend Eric, calls me "monster wrists" most unkind ;) Still I have been called worse things ;);)

I think until I can find some bracelets, or I can buy some more UG's on bracelet already, I shall "keep my powder dry" :)

R

12. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 21, 2015

GeraldLui likes this.
  13. RichardC Mar 25, 2015

That would be great Lou, because they seem something of a mystery to many!

Thanks for the welcome!

Rich

14. papaebetu Mar 27, 2015

I want to share my last addiction
    Really no much worn, GF bracelet and Box
    Maybe more photos in next days

GIGI

image.jpg
  15. HeuerLoon Mar 27, 2015

Superb. Is that a 20mm bracelet? Which end links did you use as the lugs are 22mm?

Look forward to seeing more photos.

:)

16. papaebetu Mar 27, 2015

Right size for endlink 22mm
    19-16 for the bracelet

GIGI

image.jpg image.jpg
    cozzani1978 and HeuerLoon like this.