Forums Latest Members
  1. tsulock May 5, 2015

my U.S.Army watch does not have the "Swiss Made" between the 5 and the 7. It seems that some do and some don't. Anyone have an idea why?

Also, a value? It runs fine but loses 2 minutes per 24 hours. Probably needs a tune up. It's been in a box since 1965. Dial, hands and case all original.

Thanks.

2. lillatroll May 5, 2015

Hello
    Would help with some pictures.

3. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member May 5, 2015

Similar to this one?

[​IMG]

Two theories of mine: either there were two dial variations, or the few I've seen exactly like mine were expertly redialed from the same die, way back in the day (in the radium era; possibly by Omega itself, or its outsources).

Tire-comedon likes this.
  4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 5, 2015

First of all....

While we welcome new member on this forum and we are normally very open with disclosing a vast wealth of knowledge, that has been gathered by many collector & enthusiast a like over many many years, it would be nice to see you post a little about yourself and your watch in general.

Please also set your self an AVATAR... Thats the little square in the corner with the ? in it.

See the link below.

Post an introduction here

Thx

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 5, 2015

If it was not made in Switzerland, it will not have Swiss Made on the dial, unless someone is misrepresenting.

If it was made in Switzerland, it might be marked, might not.

Hard to tell with no information or pictures.

Meanwhile, here is one of mine.[emoji3]

Welcome.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430864461.173990.jpg

Edited May 5, 2015
    noelekal likes this.
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 5, 2015

Probably a redial of some sort. If it is not a Ref. 2179 or 2384, it's not a "U.S. Army" watch anyway.

Pictures please.
    gatorcpa

7. Zuke May 5, 2015

Agreed - I thought the same thing when I first read this post.

It would be great if you even started the post with a "Hi". At least the post ended with a thanks