Forums Latest Members

Typical Australian Afternoon in the Suburbs

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2014

Northernman and Event horizon like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2014

Of course you do have to be a little bit crackers to live in Australia.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 6, 2014

Cool Holden Ute in the foreground.

DLT222 likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2014

You guys never got those on your side of the pacific did you? There's actually a really cool version called a HSV Maloo with a 340KW / 455hp LS3 and 6 speed manual box too, I know at one point it was going to be exported to the US as a the Pontiac ST but GM killing off Pontiac ruined that. Shame really as GM has now killed all Australian Holden production from 2017 onwards so all of these cars will be gone within a few years...

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 6, 2014

I guess someone at the bar told these two to "take it outside"...and they did! :)

Looks like an upscale neighborhood, the residents are lucky no property damage was done. Not sure if this would be covered by homeowner's insurance in Australia. Here in the US, they would claim "Act of God" exception and weasel out of the claim unless you had an endorsement.

On the Holden front, I think we're supposed to be getting the Chevrolet SS, which was supposed to be another re-badge. They've been bringing these over for use as police cars since the demise of the Pontiac G8. Haven't seen one in civilian form yet, so maybe they put a hold(en) on it:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first-looks/2014-chevrolet-ss-sedan

Take care,
    gatorcpa

Jonatan and OMGRLX like this.
  6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2014

We could get them in the UK but they were so expensive and every now and then you spot them about. Personally i love the Holden HSV! More Saloon's or Sedan's as you folks in the US call them were sold than the Maloo.

Awesome car.

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 6, 2014

I take it those two are female. They both stood back to admire their handywork at one stage rather than pressing home the advantage.

8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Oct 6, 2014

Enjoyed the videos. That Ucles guy is absolutely crazy.

9. repoman Oct 6, 2014

I got up early this morning to get a jump start on my work week and then made the mistake of taking a quick look at OF... and then I spent an hour watching hilarious kangaroo boxing videos. Thanks a lot Ash. :D

10. RCAFBuster Oct 7, 2014

While we all have a Roo for a pet (hehe), just to put something into perspective.

You notice these guys kicking each other with their hind claws and there is no blood. Their skin is so tough that any boots made of their hide last forever.

I've seen a photo of a guy that made the mistake of standing infront of one of these beauties at a game park, one kick and the claw split the guy from sternum to groin, requiring in excess of 30 stitches! Large Roos are to be respected.

11. yande Oct 7, 2014

I think Andre may perhaps be a "Roo short in the top paddock" if you get my drift..Smelly buggar too I'd guess. Australia's best secret none the less. I'd never heard of him,

12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 22, 2016

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 22, 2016

Imagine how much snake shit is up in the ceiling if it's lived in the house for 15 years :eek:

And I wonder if her rodent problem will increase now.