Forums Latest Members

SOLD Two Vintage Quartz Watches from the 1980's: Concord Mariner SG & Raymond Weil 5531

1. pnwyankee Apr 10, 2021

Talk about "buying high and selling low", I still have the Original receipt for the Concord Mariner from Iloff Jewelers in Houston showing the purchase price of $1,512!!

This ad is for the two watches that I wore with a suit and tie as I was gainfully employed in corporate America while Ronald Reagan was resident.

I am the original owner for both of these pieces.

Concord Mariner and Raymond Weil 5531. Both have had a new Battery installed recently and both are still running strong.

Concord Mariner SG
    If you are old enough to look back to the 1980's with nostalgia - here is your chance to own an iconic 1980's timepiece.
    As indicated on the Original Receipt this watch is 14K Gold.
    I am the original owner and wore this as my everyday dress watch back when my work "uniform" was a suit and tie every day.
    She still looks pretty, though these days probably more of a sport watch with a nice pair of jeans.

Purchased from Iloff Jewelers in Houston, TX for $1,512 - original receipt included!

New battery installed March 29, 2021.
    The Quartz movement is still right on time.

Quick set Day and Date by pulling the SIGNED Crown out to first position.
    Second position sets the time.

Concord’s reputation got a major boost in the 1940s when US President Truman gave Concord brand watches to Soviet Union leader Joseph Stalin and UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill as gifts during the World War II peace conferences and talks.

In 1970, it was purchased by New York-based North American Watch Corporation and transitioned into becoming a quartz watch company. Despite going up against big competitions like Rolex, it performed quite decently and managed to take a good chunk of the market share that helped keep it afloat.

In 1980, Concord came out with a groundbreaking watch — the Concord Mariner. The design featured a seamless blend of the elegance and sophistication of a dress watch and the functionality and durability of a sports watch.

Some Details
    Case material Gold/Steel
    Case diameter 31.5 mm
    Bezel material Yellow gold
    Crystal Sapphire crystal
    Dial Black
    Dial numerals No numerals

Bracelet material Gold/Steel
    Bracelet color Gold/Steel
    Clasp Fold clasp
    Clasp material Steel

Functions: Date, Weekday, Central seconds
    PVD/DLC coating

Raymond Weil 5531 "Full Set" - includes original Black Leather Pouch and Papers
    Check out the LUGS!

Beautiful Patterned Dial, 100% original in mint condition

Case Size - 31.5mm
    Case Material - Gold Plated Stainless Steel

Here is a link to my references from here on OF: https://omegaforums.net/search/15388109/?q=pnwyankee&o=date&c[node]=10

My eBay feedback is 475 feedback ratings: 100% positive under the handle: infieldflys

Price: $675 for both watches, includes conus shipping. Happy to ship Internationally after a conversation with the buyer regarding preferred shipping service and additional costs over conus shipping costs.

Thanks OF for the space.

Pictures below are part of the description....

Concord Mariner.jpg

Concord Mariner-2.jpg

Concord Mariner-3.jpg

Concord Mariner-4.jpg

Concord Mariner-5.jpg

Concord Mariner-8.jpg

Raymond Weil.jpg

Raymond Weil-2.jpg

Raymond Weil-3.jpg

Raymond Weil-4.jpg

Raymond Weil-5.jpg

Raymond Weil-6.jpg