Forums Latest Members

Two Tone Memovox - it's a redial?

1. NT931 Jun 21, 2014

This cal 916 blue and silver 37mm JLC Memovox Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Networkrecently sold on ebay. I didn't bid for it as 1 crown wasn't original, and the caseback was somewhat scratchedPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network. (ouch!)

The dial got me thinking - is it a redial? All the other examples (6-7 of them) that I found on Google Images had 'Automatic' above 'Memovox', but this one is the other way around. Or was it mere inconsistency at the JLC end? The rest of the dial seems ok to my novice eyes.

I was wondering only because I found the colour scheme quite attractive, and wanted to learn a bit more in case another similar one came along on ebay. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 21, 2014

Yeah, I'd be concerned about that. Good idea to pass if you are not sure.
    gatorcpa

3. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jun 22, 2014

I am going with original but I would also have passed as I can't be 100% sure. This dial usually go with the hi beat movement if I am not wrong.

4. ulackfocus Jun 22, 2014

I vote redial.

5. NT931 Jun 22, 2014

Thanks guys. Besides the misplaced text , are there any other "tells" I missed? Too pristine a dial perhaps?

Om-ega likes this.