Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgrisso May 26, 2020

thanks for taking the time to read, I know it’s a bit of detail and not especially fun. The funds were temporarily sitting, set aside for another project, and I was going off previous experience with all the other watches I had purchased from Andre, in which the pricing had been spot on. Up to that time Andre had been helpful with his time and given me good pricing, I was simply trying to return the favor to him.

While there were market comps for other UG of this type, there were none for an example with scratched dial. There were no market comps to be found on the GP Tri anywhere. (Since the purchase, several GP Tri examples have come to market and it’s much easier to value now).

What I should have done (and this was just a noob mistake) was check with several experienced collectors, and not just rely on Andres valuations, as they would have told me, and of course everyone has since told me, these two watches asking prices were massively inflated, at least twice market value. (And that’s without even getting into the heavily retouched photos or the non disclosed case damage).

anyhow, I’m not saying it was a good decision, or a smart decision, but hope that gives some background on my thinking at the time.

ekel and DeepBlue like this.
  2. bgrisso May 26, 2020

That is fantastic, I am very happy to hear you would like to resolve this matter. There is no need for a moderator, that discussion can simply happen right here in this thread.

I propose:

1) you take the UG Spillman back and refund my cost (17k usd), which can be done with a mutually agreed upon payment schedule if the entire amount is too much right now.

2) Alternately, if you prefer, you take back the UG Spillman in mutually agreed upon trade for other watch(es) in your collection.

I would be happy with either outcome and would consider the matter resolved and update my feedback publicly to reflect this.

Please let me know if you will agree to either of these two options, or if you have an alternate proposal, please state it here.

thx
    Ben

3. Dre May 26, 2020

Nice try buddy, the only way I’m going to keep replying to this thread is if we were to continue this charade.

Any discussion should be moderate and mediate privately. We can pick up where we left off and I’d like to have someone to act as an escrow on any possible deal if we were to reach to an agreement. All in proper way.

If you decide to keep slandering me here, or even privately as I have a lot of screenshots from other people too, I’d take it that you’d want to use different avenue and I shall oblige. I won’t be replying to this thread any longer, even if you decided to change your mind (again).

4. MikeMan2727 May 26, 2020

:rolleyes:

sdre, Aquariusmatic and BenBagbag like this.
  5. bgrisso May 27, 2020

You keep using the word slander. It’s not slander for me to provide an accurate accounting on my experience, and back it up with documentation, which is all I’ve ever done publicly or privately. I have no idea what screenshots of private conversations you are talking about, but if you feel something is not accurate, please post it here to discuss.

Anyhow, more importantly, I don’t understand what you are proposing, how are we supposed to proceed from here? I was suggesting using this thread to work out a resolution, since I thought you didn’t want to do it via private conversation. How do we communicate to work out the practical details of finding a mediator and escrow service? If you are not going to reply to this thread, does that mean you are going to reach out to me via DM ?

The ball is 1000% in your court, there’s nothing I can do by myself, what precisely are you proposing?

mayankyadav likes this.
  6. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jun 8, 2020

Has anything happened?

7. CafeRacer Jun 13, 2020

Just to bring back some perspective - Unfortunately this turned out to have been recased with one from a different reference.

sdre and Xeer like this.
  8. bgrisso Jun 13, 2020

Dre and I have agreed on a trade back for one of the watches in question, which is now in process. Assuming the trade works out as agreed, I look forward to putting this entire matter in the past and moving on.

chadpowe11, larryganz, Xeer and 2 others like this.
  9. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 13, 2020

At the request of both parties, this thread is locked from further replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.