Forums Latest Members

Two "Datejust killers"? (Globemaster & Aqua Terra) vs Rolex DJ 41 - side-by-side video

1. Butik Nov 22, 2021

So many times I heard opinion about Globemaster or Aqua Terra underlining how both of them easily "kill" the Datejust. In my humble opinion these are 3 completely different watches and choice should be done on personal preference only. Unfortunately only 2 of these 3 are available in normal sale.

I have recorded longer and detailed comparison of these 3, but need to edit it, so it will be ready no earlier than in a few days. I will probably post it in "Review" section of our forum.

upload_2021-11-22_21-5-9.gif
    david5807, Alman28, ChiefMark and 2 others like this.
  2. AntonisCy Nov 23, 2021

Nice watches but the bracelet on the AT is just wrong.

3. Watch my Whisky Nov 23, 2021

Rolex. Ugh. The worst.

hen likes this.
  4. o.m.e.g.a Nov 23, 2021

It's a pity that this comparison does not include a GM with black dial.

With black dial GM would be almost on par with R. The only weak point of R is the cyclops eye.

AT with this dial and this bracelet - cartoonish joke.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  5. nicolamilton Nov 23, 2021

When someone compares an Omega model as "Rolex killer", or says something like "thanks Rolex, I discovered that other watch", I can't help thinking that they are trying to convince themselves with the substitute.
    I would enjoy the Omega for what it is.

6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Nov 23, 2021

Jesus, we all get it...you hate Rolex.

7. Fenix84 Nov 23, 2021

Not a big fan of the smooth DJ, looks off to me, needs the fluted bezel.

AngelDeVille likes this.
  8. Faz Nov 23, 2021

So what’s so “killin”? The Rolex is, well, a Rolex. Unmistakable classic Rolex. The Omegas? The date at six for one is odd to me. The AT dial is quite bizarre. And those bracelets?!? Many hate the cyclops but I don’t mind it. On looks alone, there’s no killin’ here. My taste.

9. Watch my Whisky Nov 24, 2021

He actually wants a Rolex. This thread is about him.

10. AngelDeVille Nov 24, 2021

I traded my 4 digit DJ for my Aqua Terra. I do miss my Rolex but it wasn’t exactly what I wanted.

I do plan to get another DJ when I find a two tone jubilee with a blue face, but the wife gets her gold 26mm DJ first..

until then I just have to suffer…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

blufinz52 likes this.
  11. Faz Nov 24, 2021

I was commenting on the thread title

12. Watch my Whisky Nov 24, 2021

Me too

13. Butik Nov 24, 2021

DISCLAIMER - Something I have clearly written in my first post - I do NOT agree with the statement (which I heard many times), that GM or AT are DJ "killers" (that is why I also use inverted comas when quoting the word "kill"). Moreover - I underline that these are 3 completely different watches.

I am not commenting on your opinions, that one is ugly, other is beautiful, this bracelet is wrong etc. Each and everyone of you has own taste, likes & dislikes and I am happy to have triggered discussion.

Omegafanman and JGreenman like this.
  14. HiBoost Nov 26, 2021

Exactly. Fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet are the core DJ DNA. Otherwise it might as well be an OP Date. Either way, Omega makes some absolutely gorgeous watches, but I'm not sure these are the examples I'd put forth to slay the crown. The bracelet on that AT looks like an aftermarket Seiko bracelet.

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 27, 2021

For the record no one likes the DJ41.

Nobel Prize and Watch my Whisky like this.
  16. harrymai86 Nov 27, 2021

They are completely different species so each to his own.

17. pdxleaf ... Nov 27, 2021

Opinion-

The fluted bezel is Rolex DNA so expected. But I like the smooth steel bezel of the DJ. The fluted bezel seems more like a bow tie with blue jeans on this watch. The smooth polished bezel seems more balanced in my eye with the simply, clean ascetics of the DJ. I don't own a Rolex but this smooth bezel DJ reference has tempted me the most.

Love the Globemaster also. There are other GM i prefer other the one in the video but it's a classy watch. Not a big fan of lines and waves on dials.

See, every idiot has an opinion ;). Mine just happens to be correct.:D

o.m.e.g.a likes this.
  18. richiv Nov 27, 2021

Does the DJ bezel scratch as easily as the AT? I have 2 AT models and I swear I can scratch those polished bezels if I breathe too hard on them.

HikerTz likes this.
  19. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Nov 27, 2021

confused-look-gif-6.gif

20. 8100_RPM Nov 27, 2021

I tried on a blue DJ41 at a Rolex AD back in late 2019 as I was surprised that they actually had one in stock. While it was nice watch & wore well, I still prefer my AT and didn't pull the trigger.

By the way, isn't the Tissot Gentleman the bargain DJ?
    Tissot Gentleman.JPG