Forums Latest Members
  1. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 14, 2014

Would have never imagined this to be a "franken" but it turns out it is.

Bought at a reliable auction house, then sold it on eBay...buyer contacted me several months after sale and we got Omega involved..they confirmed it today..Wrong movement in the case and the dial is "buggered."

Client is sending it back and will get a full refund from us!! We will contact the "reliable auction house" and see how they want to parlay..

Unbelievable..

Omega.png
  2. ron n Apr 14, 2014

Yes but there is nothing better than an honest seller.

VetPsychWars, danomar, Varasc and 3 others like this.
  3. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 14, 2014

Thanks Ron!

4. Jimmy Jim Apr 14, 2014

+1.

In today's world, this makes or breaks a reputation. I know several people that when 'shopping', knowing that someone is honest with a proven track record of it will get the sale. Even if it means spending more or going extra lengths.

AuBuyer and MikiJ like this.
  5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Apr 14, 2014

"Old School": Don't buy the watch, buy the seller"!

Varasc, watchme, AuBuyer and 3 others like this.
  6. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Apr 14, 2014

I bet he buys another watch from you

AuBuyer likes this.
  7. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 15, 2014

Thanks all, appreciate the good thoughts and comments.

Auction house is balking, they want to see the watch to make a "determination." Will send once we get it and go from there....

8. msp1518 Apr 15, 2014

Ouch. This could a get ugly. Good luck.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 15, 2014

Can you explain what "wrong movement in the case" means please? Does this mean it's not the type of movement it should be, or the serial number of the movement does not match the case?

And what exactly does "dial is buggered" mean?

If you can give me the serial number of the watch, I'll check to see what it should look like, and what version of the movement should be inside.

Cheers, Al

10. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 15, 2014

Hi Al,

It is supposed to be an 1154 or 1164 movement but it is an 1152, also the dial is supposed to have red markings on it too. I am waiting for the watch to be returned and will forward that info to you. Thanks for your help!

citizenrich likes this.
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 15, 2014

If it's a 25988000, which it looks like it is, they typically have a Cal. 1164, but knowing the serial number I can hopefully confirm exactly what that specific watch came with. Odd that Omega didn't know which movement it should be though - did you send it right to an Omega service center? I would love to see a photo of the movement - the movement caliber is written on the main plate by the balance wheel, and also on the rotor itself.

Note that the red accents on these dials are very prone to fading, as are the hands. If I look at the picture it looks to me like the small triangular markers around the dial are faded, but still have a tiny bit of red on them, and the hands are also faded. That is not an originality issue, but a simple condition issue. I replace dials and hands that are faded all the time - it's a sign that the dial is a real one in many ways!

Cheers, Al

12. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 15, 2014

Waiting on a reply from the buyer, but he tends be slow....He contacted the Omega Center by phone and gave them the details so I am getting this second hand from him. To quote, "I have just hung up from Omega and I have been told that the caliber 1152 in this watch is incorrect and would not have been installed to replace the original correct 1154/1164 caliber. This 1152 belongs to the Titanium model of 248 pieces made in 1993. This caliber is also NOT Certified Chronometer so the specs are wrong."

Once I get the watch back I will post and we can go from there.

13. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 22, 2014

The watch is back...client has his $ back in his PayPal account from us.

It is an 1152 movement and the auction house that sold the watch to us forgot to state that in the sale documents!

We would have not known unless we opened the watch and we try not to do that.

Auction house will take the watch back and resell it for us at no charge.

All's well that ends well.

Photo for those that asked..

photo.jpeg
    Jimmy Jim likes this.