Forums Latest Members

Turning Lemons into lemonade (stolen AT)

1. Watchguy31-us Feb 9, 2014

Hi all,

Long time reader of the forum but never post.

I have been all over the board with accumulation of watches in the past. This January, I realized the only ones I felt were keepers were the Omegas.

I am in the process of selling my Tudors, rolexes and my JLC to concentrate on Omega in the future.

That being said, my Omega AT was stolen a few weeks ago while I was traveling for work. It was a coaxial 2500 with a black dial. I have a check coming from my insurance company ($2500) to replace it.

That got me to thinking....are there any models of vintage COSC seamasters/constellations that were known to have a black dial? I would almost rather go that route.

My Omega collection is small...but I really enjoy the vintage pieces the most!

2. ulackfocus Feb 9, 2014

Hi there. You gotta post some pictures man!

Sure - check out the WRUW thread. Hell, I started it off with a black dialed late 50's Constellation.

http://omegaforums.net/threads/wruw-today.567/

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 9, 2014

One must be very careful of vintage Omegas with black dials. Since they were not popular when new they are relatively scarce now and many, if not most offered now have refinished dials due the current demand.

Be sure to post any prospective purchases here for vetting.

4. Mothra Feb 9, 2014

And post what you are offloading! Good luck....

5. ulackfocus Feb 9, 2014

Yeah, really! PM me what JLC(s) you're selling.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 10, 2014

I think we have a thread dedicated to black dials somewhere

7. ulackfocus Feb 10, 2014

A little tip for you about the phrase "Turning Lemons into lemonade" in your title:

In Joizey, we like to say "When life gives you lemons, get a knife, a bottle of vodka, and some sugar and do lemon drop shots til you're wasted."