Forums Latest Members

Turler Seamaster help prior to sale (pics/info in thread)

1. blueboost Mar 21, 2017

Hello all!

I'm trying to get an idea what this watch is worth and some suggestions if the normal channels would be best if I wish to list it for sale. Plenty of pics and info. Thanks for any/all help!

165.020 Seamaster DeVille Turler dial. Stainless. 24j cal 552 auto in pristine condition, watch runs excellent. serial on movement is 22593185. Overall good shape for the age, it is missing the applied "Omega" hallmark from dial. I would think I could get a replacement applied "omega" applique pretty easily and inexpensively with all of the dials and parts out there on the bay and such. Aftermarket non-Omega bracelet, no box/papers. Thanks again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[/FONT]

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 21, 2017

You have all the information you need to do a completed auction search on eBay to approximate value.

3. blueboost Mar 21, 2017

Absolutely. But I've seen dramatic change in the market over even just a year. I was hoping to hear the opining of -the- board before putting a Turler to market. I hope you can appreciate that, and I do appreciate your reply.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 21, 2017

Have you done a site search? I seem to remember a similar discussion.

5. ConElPueblo Mar 21, 2017

It's not a watch that is very sought after by collectors - which we are, most of us - and pretty much nobody but collectors would take on a watch that would require a part to be found separately and then attached to the dial, requiring the buyer to mess around with the watch.

That said, it's a attractive watch in good condition and Seamaster DeVilles are like catnip to new collectors. Get that logo fixed and you'll have a watch that would get sold easily on eBay.

Btw, there is no such thing as a "Türler" - it's a Seamaster DeVille with a Türler logo.

watch3s likes this.
  6. blueboost Mar 21, 2017

No sir. This was in fact my first post on the site. Thanks for your input. Truly.

Splitting hairs on the Turler logo nomenclature, forgive if I didn't phrase it correctly. I have had a hard time researching whether or not the Turler dial is "rare" or something to set it apart. From what I've seen watching the market for a few years it most certainly is, and that is probably the only reason for my post to be honest. I'm not new to watches, I can service many cal. This watch is.. special- or not. The watch has not been restored. You're point about the dial begs the question if purchasing a cal 552 dial in some shape or form to poach the "Omega" applied logo is worth the extra ~$100 or so. I apologize for not being super specific, I suppose I was just looking to start discussion on what I hoped was a somewhat interesting piece. I am admittedly a bit out of my element on this piece and do not want to take a dive. :unsure:

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. blueboost Mar 21, 2017

I am quite capable of restoring the dial logo with an original applique if it were indeed worth it. Thanks again guys. I really appreciate any/all insight and replies. I know enough to know what I do not know. :thumbsup:

8. Davidt Mar 21, 2017

On this watch the Turler co branding is reasonably rare, but I wouldn't expect it to add significant value. Almost certainly any value it would add will be lost and probably more due to the missing 'Omega'.

9. adi4 Mar 21, 2017

You can search the site without posting or starting a thread, which is what a lot of members (including myself) did before making even their first post. I think that's what was meant by efauser.

I think you would probably get a better response if you weren't a new member looking to sell or get a valuation on something. This may not be the case, but it does make it appear like you came here to get free expertise and/or sell the watch without reading the sales forum rules. Generally I think most members are more than happy to talk at length about any interesting watch, but get a little guarded when it feels like they or the forum at large are being used to make a profit for a new stranger.

watch3s, ConElPueblo and efauser like this.