Forums Latest Members
  1. Buynitsky Mar 12, 2019

A new find. Calatrava style Türler watches ca.1940(?)
    Cyma cal. 32b inside. The back cover is in the style of a gold watch (but it's "rolled gold"). On the inside is the Nonpareil trademark (cause Cyma-Tavannes-Nonpareil?) I really love that dial in amazing condition (Inside marked "SINGER"). Unfortunately, apparently the upper lags were broken and re-welded.
    I would like to know as much as possible about these watches. Perhaps someone had or has a similar model? I have not often met watches singly marked "Türler" and couldn't collect any complete information about this model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bobbee likes this.
  2. Vitezi Mar 12, 2019

Hello, and welcome to the forum!
    Türler is a 130-year old jewelry store and watch retailer, based in Zurich. https://www.tuerler.ch/
    The retailer is well known for co-branding watches with a variety of marques. Search for "Turler" on this site to find many examples of Omega and Universal Geneve watches bearing the Türler name.

[​IMG]

Watches such as yours may have been fully manufactured by Cyma for Türler, but more likely was built by a contract manufacturer who would have assembled the gold-cap case, a deluxe-finished movement from Cyma, and a dial from Singer to create a unique watch for Türler. I think the term "Nonpareil" on the inside caseback is related to the case manufacturer (rather than Cyma) perhaps as a boast about the case manufacturer's quality (nonpareil meaning unrivaled or having no match or equal).

Based on the dial style I would guess your watch dates to the 1950s.

0uss, bobbee, Buynitsky and 1 other person like this.
  3. Buynitsky Mar 12, 2019

Many thanks for the detailed answer! Glad to be part of this forum.
    I know that there are many watches made specifically for Turler and bearing the logo of the manufacturer and at the same timeTurler logo. But not so often saw a watch, marked only with the single logo Turler. That's why I liked them, strange as it may sound). I think many would prefer to have Omega Turler, and not just Turler.

I do not agree only on one thing - the Nonpareil stamp. Here is information about the Nonpareil stapms from the microlisk.de:

[​IMG]

So I'm still inclined to think that this stamp of the manufacturer. I think that he relates specifically to Cyma. As you can see, in the column manufacturer specified Schwob Freres. And as we know Schwob brothers - the founders of Cyma. This is a quote from another site: "Cyma began as a joint venture or collaboration between the watch manufacturer Tavannes Watch Company and the older business Schwob Frères, who had developed an extensive watch distribution network. Eventually the name Cyma became much better known than either Tavannes or Schwob Frères."

These are my thoughts. Thanks!

Vitezi and bobbee like this.