Not the greatest picture these 70's funky style Omegas are interesting

oma.jpg
    ahartfie likes this.
  2. Birky101 Jun 14, 2016

[​IMG]l I love the 70's design

Sent from my Harrier Tab from EE using Tapatalk

voere and ahartfie like this.
  3. Tom Dick and Harry Jun 14, 2016

The Constellations of the 1970's are real marmite pieces, purists hate them I personally love them. I think at the moment there is no more undervalued watch in the Omega back catalogue than the F300 constellation range. When new these were range toping watches and even after the introduction of the Megaquartz series the F300 was still at a price point far above many of the 70's stuff the community covet such as the PloProf, Big Blue and 70's Speedies.

The price in these F300 watches really was reflected in the quality of both the case and bracelet but also the movement. Many collectors mistake them as quartz, they are not, they effective closer to a mechanical watch than a quartz one and whilst they do run on a battery that is very much where the design similarities stop (I am being very broad in that statement so please don't leap on me with oodles of technical details comparing quartz to tuning fork)

Good 'TV' case F300's can be picked up on the best day for £150 on eBay, which represents an absolutely tremendous amount of quality watch for a fraction of the price most forum member wouldn't think twice about on spunking and knackered old bezel just because it has a dot over the 90.

I personally love the 70's designs and am quite happy hoovering them up whilst price remain reasonable

ahartfie and dantaspaulo like this.
  4. webvan Jun 14, 2016

Funky indeed

Here's the BA 398.0816 18k version of yours :

[​IMG]

5. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2016

I very nearly snuck a cheeky bid through on a Seamaster f300 the other day, but others were on the track! I am curious to the relationship between the Seamaster and the Constellation lines in the seventies - what are the differences in finishing, if any? To my mind, the borders between the two series are rather washed out, as the Constellation previously had both a higher level of finishing as well as superior movements - but how what's the case here? The movements are the same, so for a relatively clueless buyer the only difference would be the design? The Constellations were already rather well suited for the daily grind with decent (for the era) wather resistance and sturdy movements...

6. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jun 14, 2016

2016-01-17 001.JPG
    This watch actually gets the most wrist time right now. It is on a brown Croco strap.
    2016-05-05 002.JPG

Edited Jun 14, 2016
    voere likes this.
  7. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jun 14, 2016

I agree on the quality of the case and the bracelet. My f300 is super, super comfortable to wear and the bracelet just radiates quality. I have a JB Champion clone bracelet on my Megaquartz that superficially looks similar but is of no comparison to the real deal Omega.
    IMG_0044.JPG

My next-to-acquire is a funky 70s model, but this particular one seems to be few and far between and I am biding my time for one in good condition.

voere likes this.