Forums Latest Members

Tudor's First Chronograph

1. diverwatch May 31, 2022

More details on Tudor 7032/0 black dial Home Plate. This watch took me on many journeys but none so amazing as the uphill learning curve in watch collecting. When I took the watch out of my sock drawer in 2020, I fully anticipated wearing it after I got it serviced. I had absolutely no watch knowledge at all and imagined i could find a spare part and screw it on myself. My first step was to try and find a matching photo on line that might lead to information. Then I needed to understand how watches are identified, what a "calibre" was, terms like "pusher", "dial", "chronometer", "tachymeter". Next I had a difficult time finding a watch maker even though I live near a large "world-class" city. I had presumed it was a "long-gone" profession. That turned out to be fairly accurate. With watch in hand I visited several, even pawnshops. Everyone said they couldn't replace the pusher I was missing, and the part would be virtually impossible to source. Never one to give up easily, I badgered one guy who gave me a contact in Kelowna, British Columbia. Meeting him was a tremendous experience and he was sensitive enough to leave the watch alone (others advised me not to touch it, leave it as original as possible) and just focus on the replacement pusher. Seals were shot so those had to be changed. For those who love detail I will show you what the watch looked like after nearly 50 years without the pusher...lost in a pocket I believe, when I took the watch off after an evening out. Next post, what to do next?

Chrono interior.jpg lost pusher.jpg Missing pusher.jpg