Forums Latest Members

Tudor wristwatches in spaceflight missions...

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 3, 2020

Normally I carefully post a question in an existing topic, but this time I went for a catchy thread title to get some extra readers as my Please help to identify the wrist watch - spaceflight ! only got minor response ... but response for which I'm grateful to a few forummembers such as @ConElPueblo and @bags1971 and @Seamus4 and @michael e who helped out identifying a few spaceflown wristwatches in mission photographs... thanks again!
    :thumbsup:
    As there're probably more forummembers interested in Tudor wristwatches I've made a separate topic about this cosmonaut wristwatch I'm trying to identify.
    It was worn by the first Japanese-in-space, Tokyo Broadcasting Service TV-reporter/journalist Toyohiro Akiyama
    Selected in 1989, Akiyama started cosmonaut training in 1990 and was photographed wearing this watch during training and in the official Soyuz TM-11 crewportrait (photo: RosCosmos). He flew 7 days 21 hours aboard the Soviet-Russian Mir space station as a research cosmonaut in December 1990. During the mission he was pictured wearing a Soviet-Russian Air Force Sthurmanskie pilotwatch.
    In this official 1990 RosCosmos photograph his wristwatch surely has a steel bracelet similar to Rolex/Tudor and the watch might be a reverse-panda Tudor OysterDate ?
    ::confused2::
    1990_akiyama_TM11.jpg

Dsloan likes this.
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 3, 2020

Although the crownguards are not correct, I initially thought an Omega Speedmaster Automatic triple date if these existed in 1990...

3. CPRwatch Mar 3, 2020

It looks like a Tudor Big Block to me , Picture from the web. And Two that I used to own , but sold on.
    [​IMG] WP_20160621_01_02_56_Pro.jpg

SpeedyPhill and Dsloan like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 3, 2020

Yep Tudor big block, you can’t miss those lugs.

SpeedyPhill likes this.