Forums Latest Members

Tudor watch HQ -how Rolex’s sibling is quietly transforming watchmaking

1. Jerseyhammer Oct 31, 2020

rbob99, queriver and madjestikmoose like this.
  2. Marsimaxam Oct 31, 2020

Interesting read... thanks for sharing. Always wondered why Rolex didn't put it's name on the dial of the Tudor line of watches, they are after all sister companies. I always thought it would increase sales for the Tudor line if the consumer knew it was a Rolex line as many consumers are unaware that they are essentially the same company... well almost.

3. UCZ_15 Nov 1, 2020

With the in-house movements and the Black Bay 58 and BB36, they're taking it by storm. People are getting wise and getting out of the Rolex waitlists for DJs, OPs and Subs.

4. timoss Nov 1, 2020

What is the original source of this story, for those without apple news....?

Syrte likes this.
  5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 1, 2020

I would imagine they’re practicing what economists call « price discrimination ». They want to reach people who do not want the Rolex brand - or price -while protecting the Rolex brand, with its prices. If they put Rolex on the Tudor dial, it may be offputting both for Rolex clients- and Tudor clients.

Believe it or not, there are people who appreciate the Rolex quality yet do not want to pay for the Rolex brand — or even to be associated with the symbols it carries.

ZIELSZIEK, mzinski and Marsimaxam like this.
  6. queriver Nov 1, 2020

Syrte likes this.
  7. timoss Nov 1, 2020

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 1, 2020

Just a office where customs come and do the paperwork instead of them going to customs. saves them having to ship to a customs bond prior to export. Most freight companies have customs offices at airport, wharfs and depots ( a company pays for the privilege as well as has to build the office and the bonded section. Classed as AAs (approved arrangements) Very common for big companies )

Edited Nov 1, 2020
  9. mzinski Nov 1, 2020

I have to admit these pseudo news stories do a good job selling me on Tudor. Everyday I feel more inclined to pick up a M79030N. Maybe now with an extra NATO.

10. UCZ_15 Nov 18, 2020

It's just so versatile. I've seen one in-person once and the sizing is absolutely perfect. It adds to the charm.