Tudor sponsors Fabian Cancellara's new pro cycling team

Posts
1,462
Likes
6,725
Olympic gold medalist. World Time Trial Champion. Winner of countless Spring Classics and 'monuments', including Milan-San Remo, Paris-Roubaix and the Tour of Flanders. Tour de France stage winner. And now in retirement, he can add team owner to his palmares.

Fabian Cancellara is well known to cycling enthusiasts the world over and is very much beloved in his native Switzerland. He won't be directly involved in training or act as Sports Director; he says he's content to simply own the team.

As it was during his career, time is definitely on his side.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/ambassadors-friends-partnerships/tudor-pro-cycling-team
 
Posts
330
Likes
5,220
I ride a lot and would feel very silly wearing a SS sports watch in the saddle or any wrist watch for that matter. You need wrist flexibility. These guys ride with head units too so it's totally pointless, aside from Tudor getting a logo on some kit.
 
Posts
1,462
Likes
6,725
And Team QuickStep doesn't ride with strips of hardwood flooring strapped to their bikes, either.

So, what then? Omega, Rolex and Tissot should bail from sponsoring sporting events because athletes don't wear their watches during competition?

Marketing. Branding. Positioning.
 
Posts
330
Likes
5,220
No, I just think the riders look really silly wearing the pieces in the marketing photos that's all
 
Posts
833
Likes
1,571
I’ll never get over the irony of Richard Virenque advertising Festina watches post-cycling career.
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
RM was seen being worn by a few riders in last years TDF, right?
I remember Cav having one...
 
Posts
1,462
Likes
6,725
RM was seen being worn by a few riders in last years TDF, right?
I remember Cav having one...
Didn't it get nicked in that burglary at Cav's home?!
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
Hah yes actually I think it did...
Perhaps the same guys that got Lando Norris' and now Charles Leclerc...
😒

But anywho, where do I sign up for a Tudor jersey???
 
Posts
236
Likes
215
I ride a lot and would feel very silly wearing a SS sports watch in the saddle or any wrist watch for that matter. You need wrist flexibility. These guys ride with head units too so it's totally pointless, aside from Tudor getting a logo on some kit.

Does it really affect wrist flexibility if you wear the watch higher up your wrist? I only ride casually, but all the 4-5 iron man participants and triathletes I know wear behemoth Garmin watches during their events.
 
Posts
324
Likes
644
But anywho, where do I sign up for a Tudor jersey???
THIS! Wearing a watch while riding aside (I don't), the kit is really cool and I hope they make it available to the public.
 
Posts
833
Likes
1,571
Only just checked out the advertising. I had to laugh… at least the camping-up in the Alpecin team adverts is tongue-in-cheek