Forums Latest Members
  1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Apr 3, 2017

When I set out upon 2017, I tried to identify one theme that I'd follow for the year, and it ended up being "consolidation." I own a 1016 and a Ranger, and frankly they're just too similar to justify keeping both. As such, I'm letting go of this extremely rare authentic no-date Tudor Ranger. If you're familiar with vintage Tudor, this particularly watch is the definition of a "minefield." For every 10 examples that surface, about 8.5 are fake, which is why it was so cool for me to snag a nice example.

Onto the description:

Case:
    Case is sharp and devoid of any serious scratches or damage. For those who are unaware, the Ranger measures a touch under 35mm and is extremely thin (noted in the fifth picture). I found it to be a fantastic watch in dressier situations, as it hugs the wrist and is very light.

Dial / Handset: Dial and hands exhibit a pleasing, matching patina. A few of the plots have more "wabi sabi" than others (i.e. a contrasting shade of brown) and the hour hand has a thin greenish outline near the point of the arrow, which is clearly shown in the pictures. The seconds hand typically came with a square lume plot, but I have found a few other examples of 90020's with circular lume plots, and the overall patina matches with the rest. It was a minor consideration for me when originally deciding when to buy, but I wanted to point out clearly here.

Movement/Caseback: Caseback is devoid of any major scratches. Movement winds beautifully and the watch keeps strong time. I do not formally time my watches, but can attest to the fact that a full wind lasts 48 hours+ with no notable variability in performance. Sold as-is.

Bracelet: Folded link Oyster bracelet is in good shape with minimal stretch and will fit 7" wrists.

My price is $6,000 with payment via PayPal (sent "Friends & Family," add 3% if that option is not used) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. I can be reached via PM or at [email protected].

IMG_7538.jpg IMG_7540.jpg IMG_7545.jpg IMG_7547.jpg IMG_7548.jpg IMG_7567.jpg IMG_7569.jpg

2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Apr 3, 2017

OHPF - thanks OF!

Kreindog24, JohnSteed, Jwit and 4 others like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 3, 2017

Aw man! Congrats to all parties, much as I hate the buyer right now. :D