Forums Latest Members
  1. guppydriver Jan 25, 2020

I was at my Omega AD yesterday, when I noticed a Pelagos that I really thought would be a fabulous daily wearer. I absolutely loved the beige, the red Tudor designation, and the “roulette” date wheel. I’m still a neophyte when it comes to watches so when I was told this watch was for lefties, I just assumed they made a right hand version as well. Looking at the Tudor website however, I think the right handed version just gives you the blue/white and black white option from which to choose. Is this true?

Sheltering myself in my inexperience and the anonymity of an Internet forum, I’ll ask the dumb question. Is it....well...”weird”/“mistake”/“faux pas”/ for a righty to buy a LHD watch? The only reason I ask is due to the dismissive tone of the salesperson. Isn’t it the same as when a southpaw buys virtually any watch made ?

2. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Jan 25, 2020

I always understood the LHD (left hand drive) meant just that. Not designed exclusively to be worn on left wrist. Is a big boy at 42mm and a hefty 14.5mm in height
    B5214FE9-0E21-4A83-B7B5-5843B692305B.jpeg AC9B9702-A831-488F-B547-264F74B82524.jpeg

3. guppydriver Jan 25, 2020

Thanks for the opinion! I think it has more character than the “normal” black and white Pelagos and although I love the blue, it may be a little too blue and too close to my grey dial 300 diver with blue strap.

4. alikara Feb 5, 2020

I think you're fine wearing the LHD on your on right wrist. A lot of people just prefer the look!

5. scapa Feb 5, 2020

Speaking as a lefty, frankly yes it is. You righties account for 90% of the population, and get a still higher percentage, I'd warrant, of watches designed just for you. Leave us our paltry few destros, and wear the easy adjustments and faint scars of your right-crowned watches with pride -- knowing that we, with our blemish-free right wrists are laughing a little, from the sunny uplands of our right hemispheres --until we try to set the time or wind with our good (great?) hand circling inelegantly over and under the blasted righty-oriented impossibility on our wrists --

No, you're good. It's a great watch, and I love mine. Wear it in good health, and merely raise a glass to your southpaw friends now and then. And forget that snooty salesman for the lefty-loathing know-nothing s/he is -- back to the Rightorium, say I.

6. stuart70 Feb 6, 2020

The Pelagos Lhd is a great watch, being titanium it is very wearable. The Lume is great as well.Highly recommend.

7. To the moon Feb 6, 2020

I have this piece and love be it! But, being Titanium I would say it's less of a daily as when scratched it's harder to polish out... If that bothers you